Solstice Questions?

Tonklily

I've read that it is difficult to obtain a lounge chair on sea days on the Solstice. Is this accurate? I have also read that the closet space on the Solstice is smaller compared to other ships. Any comments regarding the above or on anything else related to the Solstice would be welcomed.

I've read that it is difficult to obtain a lounge chair on sea days on the Solstice. Is this accurate? I have also read that the closet space on the Solstice is smaller compared to other ships. Any comments regarding the above or on anything else related to the Solstice would be welcomed.

The chair hogs were in full force on our Mediterranean cruise... and all the others it seemed. This was just around the pool area. There seemed to be chairs outside that immediate area. There were always chairs inside the Solarium it seemed.

We were on an 11 night cruise, and I always over pack... we had enough room for everything. Granted, I put more things folded in the storage over the bed than I normally do, but everything that needed to be hung up... there was room for it. It was a great room. The best standard balcony room we have had on any cruise.

Have a blast!

We look for seats in the shade so not a problem. There is chair hogging but also some turnover... Did not like how they lined up the chairs--they just about touch... & many are lined perpendicular to the pool not parallel--guess they can cram more in that way..most days they get moved by everyone to make it more comfy! missed the little tables for personla stuff & drinks--

also found some nice areas in the Solarium that are quiet with views of the sea--

closets are smaller but we managed--using the overhead bins for folded clothes..glad to see they took the safe to another location on Equinox..

We also saw that lounge chairs were taken by magazines, etc. in the immediate pool area but only on sea days, and as the other poster noted, you can find free lounges on the upper deck and the solarium.

Regarding closet space, some people don't notice that there is a fold down rod in the closet that'll give you even more hanging space in the closet - an additional rod below the upper rod so you can have two rows of shirts/skirts in the middle, medium length clothes like capris and jackets will fit over the safe and shelves, and long outfits go next to the wall.

We were able to hang all of our dresses, shirts, blouses and pants in the closets and there was tons of room for casual tops, shorts, sweater, etc, in the cupboards over the bed.

Sue

I was told that the chair hogs had been reined in by the new pool butlers. They are supposed to move any personal property from any lounge chair that has not been used in the last 30 minutes.:D

You could try my way just move the stuff off the chair if no one has used it for 30 minutes. That is X's rules and the pool butlers or you have to enforce it. :eek:

Archived