Is a passport required for the 3 day cruise?

margrey

Thanks Evon, just did not want to turn up without it and then find we needed it.

Marg

yes thats all you need, plus the same if you go on the 7 night cruise up qld coast.

I haven't thought about this till now and really have no need to know the answer but guess someone might.

How do you go about ID when travelling with a minor on a short cruise. Is a medicare card enough.

What about if you have kids who are not yours IE not on your medicare card.

I realise that P and O would be best to contact but has anyone had this experience and can share for others who may need this info

I haven't thought about this till now and really have no need to know the answer but guess someone might.

How do you go about ID when travelling with a minor on a short cruise. Is a medicare card enough.

I realise that P and O would be best to contact but has anyone had this experience and can share for others who may need this info

I'm guessing it would be the same as with flights within Australia.. You need a permission letter from the parents/guardians with a photo copy of their medicare card and parents/guardian license.. So they can verify the signature on the permission letter..

Best to contact P&O though to make sure but this was what I needed for a flight..

when we took our son on a 7 night cruise north qld coast all we needed was birth

certific and medi card card as we are all on the same card .

a passport is not required for the 3 day cruise, since it does not visit any international ports. usually the ships just ask for photo ID (e.g. driver's licence) from adults and a Medicare card or birth certificate from children. hope this helps you!!!:p

I'm booked on the Pacific Jewel's first 3 Day cruise (Sydney to Tasmania and back) and P&O travel said all thats needed for me is a drivers licence

Archived