Printing Sea Pass Boarding Pass & RCI Telephone Support

A few gripes, and if anyone has a clue on getting around them please reply... :(

1. The RCI website is shocking. Ordering wine packages here in the UK the system says they are not available and suggests trying nearer the sail date - it's been saying that for weeks now. In my case, sail date is less than 48 hours away now, so how does that work? :confused: I found a way to order the wine package in the end, but it was a very difficult to remember the route of links to get there. I did get a PDF file receipt through on email though, so at least I know it went through.

2. The website does not work in another place too... Cannot print set sail pass and I've tried several times since the start of this week when it began letting us input all our details for such things as insurance policy numbers. Their web site says "Please close the browser and try again." That's not good is it! If anyone from RCI reads this, it's this web page which does not work: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/online-check-in/printable_epass.do

3. The telephone support is awful. Nobody ever answers. I was on hold from 6:25pm today until 6:48pm waiting for the next available person and got nowhere. Right now I'm on again, as I type, wading my way through the blurb about how their website is really good and will have the answers :eek: Ten to seven... The number 0800 018 2020 has now started saying the offices are closed, yet I'm sure it said somewhere that they are open until 7pm. The message that tells you it is closed is awful too, it doesn't say when they open or close, just that they are closed. I don't think I've ever experienced such poor customer service.

Oh I really hope the ship meets expectations, or it will be the first and last. I'm pretty sure we can still do all the check-in stuff at the dock on Saturday, hopefully the system will be working for them at Southampton...

Wait on... 7:08pm, just as I'm about to submit this message, a nice lady answers, she's checking if my wine etc is booked. The system only shows her our booked excursions but she's checking with her supervisor... :)

Great help when you eventually get through.

Anyone else in the UK who struggles with what I have found to be a useless website should call "Automation" (a part of their IT team) on this number 0800 018 6869.

Aparently checking in Saturday will be manual if I don't manage to call tomorrow and sort it out but at least I know it's possible without the Set Sail Pass. Just need to fill out everything again (not that big a job tho!)

Paul

You maybe having problems completing your Setsail pass at this time as all the reminders on my booking say that it must be completed 3 days prior to your sail date and I think you said you are sailing on Saturday. For example, we sail on 20th Sept and our booking says that the last time we can print these are 16th Sept.

Again our booking says that the last date for ordering enhancements such as wine packages is 15 days before sailing.

I'm not sure which ship you are sailing on but I presume it is Independence and according to the information posted on the website, although online sales of the Wine Packages was available from 20th June, they are only available for sailings of IOS after 29th August, so that may explain why it has been telling you that they are not available.

Water, Juice and Wine & Dine Packages

Online Pre-Sales

Available on June 20th

Ship:

Packages Available Online

for Sailings On or After:

Adventure of the Seas Sunday, August 30, 2009

Brilliance of the Seas Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Enchantment of the Seas Thursday, August 27, 2009

Explorer of the Seas Saturday, August 29, 2009

Freedom of the Seas Sunday, August 30, 2009

Granduer of the Seas Thursday, August 27, 2009

Independence of the Seas Saturday, August 29, 2009

Jewel of the Seas Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Legend of the Seas Monday, August 24, 2009

Liberty of the Seas Saturday, July 04, 2009

Majesty of the Seas Monday, August 24, 2009

Mariner of the Seas Sunday, August 30, 2009

Monarch of the Seas Monday, August 24, 2009

Navigator of the Seas Sunday, August 30, 2009

Radiance of the Seas Friday, August 28, 2009

Rhapsody of the Seas Friday, August 28, 2009

Serenade of the Seas Saturday, August 29, 2009

Splendour of the Seas Saturday, August 29, 2009

Vision of the Seas Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Voyager of the Seas Sunday, November 29, 2009

I agree that it is sometimes difficult to get through to RCI UK and they don't tell when they are open again, but I've always found that when they do answer they are very helpful.

You will be OK checking in at the port if you haven't printed your SetSail pass, don't worry and have a great cruise. It looks as though you are visiting some great places and as IOS is a Freedom class ship, she will be as great as FOS that we really enjoy.

Paul,

We had the same trouble and message when we attempted to print out our Set Sail pass for a 9-2-09 Jewel of the Seas sailing (and we are four weeks away from sailing). I called RCI and was told it was a "glitch" in their system, and to try another printer and computer. However, we printed it the next day with no problem at all, from the same computer and printer. We were also told if we couldn't print it, not to worry, we could fill out the info at the pier. Apparently this "glitch" in their system has been there for a while, and they haven't fixed it yet. Good luck.

Rita

Sorry you had that aggravation. I always find going into my reservation very nervewracking and am relieved when it works out! I agree that the telephone service is very bad. I avoided the issue this time around by using a travel agent. I hope you are able to get you problems resolved, but you can always fill out the forms at the pier. And, to be honest, I didn't find that having the paperwork ahead of time really saved me much time- there are still procedures and lines to go through.

Paul,

We had the same trouble and message when we attempted to print out our Set Sail pass for a 9-2-09 Jewel of the Seas sailing (and we are four weeks away from sailing). I called RCI and was told it was a "glitch" in their system, and to try another printer and computer. However, we printed it the next day with no problem at all, from the same computer and printer. We were also told if we couldn't print it, not to worry, we could fill out the info at the pier. Apparently this "glitch" in their system has been there for a while, and they haven't fixed it yet. Good luck.

Rita

Thanks Rita. It's def something wrong "their end". They need to sort out the rubbish system.

Happy to say, hols start tomorrow and I'm taking easy after today...

:)

Sorry you had that aggravation. I always find going into my reservation very nervewracking and am relieved when it works out! I agree that the telephone service is very bad. I avoided the issue this time around by using a travel agent. I hope you are able to get you problems resolved, but you can always fill out the forms at the pier. And, to be honest, I didn't find that having the paperwork ahead of time really saved me much time- there are still procedures and lines to go through.

Yeah, we will be doing it manually. Glad to hear it doesn't make much difference really. I will just relax and let it all happen then enjoy the break.

You maybe having problems completing your Setsail pass at this time as all the reminders on my booking say that it must be completed 3 days prior to your sail date and I think you said you are sailing on Saturday. For example, we sail on 20th Sept and our booking says that the last time we can print these are 16th Sept.

Again our booking says that the last date for ordering enhancements such as wine packages is 15 days before sailing.

I'm not sure which ship you are sailing on but I presume it is Independence and according to the information posted on the website, although online sales of the Wine Packages was available from 20th June, they are only available for sailings of IOS after 29th August, so that may explain why it has been telling you that they are not available.

Water, Juice and Wine & Dine Packages

Online Pre-Sales

Available on June 20th

Ship:

Packages Available Online

for Sailings On or After:

Adventure of the Seas Sunday, August 30, 2009

Brilliance of the Seas Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Enchantment of the Seas Thursday, August 27, 2009

Explorer of the Seas Saturday, August 29, 2009

Freedom of the Seas Sunday, August 30, 2009

Granduer of the Seas Thursday, August 27, 2009

Independence of the Seas Saturday, August 29, 2009

Jewel of the Seas Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Legend of the Seas Monday, August 24, 2009

Liberty of the Seas Saturday, July 04, 2009

Majesty of the Seas Monday, August 24, 2009

Mariner of the Seas Sunday, August 30, 2009

Monarch of the Seas Monday, August 24, 2009

Navigator of the Seas Sunday, August 30, 2009

Radiance of the Seas Friday, August 28, 2009

Rhapsody of the Seas Friday, August 28, 2009

Serenade of the Seas Saturday, August 29, 2009

Splendour of the Seas Saturday, August 29, 2009

Vision of the Seas Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Voyager of the Seas Sunday, November 29, 2009

I agree that it is sometimes difficult to get through to RCI UK and they don't tell when they are open again, but I've always found that when they do answer they are very helpful.

You will be OK checking in at the port if you haven't printed your SetSail pass, don't worry and have a great cruise. It looks as though you are visiting some great places and as IOS is a Freedom class ship, she will be as great as FOS that we really enjoy.

TBH it's got nothing to do with the timelines because it should have worked some day in the last number of weeks, and if it was timelines then how did I find a way around it (I'll tll you why... rubbish website!!) It's a very odd, thrown together system which just doesn't work properly LOL. REALLY looking forward to the time on board though. Can't wait!

Cheers :)

Paul,

Rita

Similiar situation here for consecutive cruises of Sept 25th & 30th Radiance OTS.

I was able to print my traveling companions SetSail Pass, but not mine :( Got the error msg to 'close my browser and try again'. I called the IT department and was told it was NOT their system and that I should contact my internet provider...REALLY?

Long short of this saga...I called C&A to verify & apply a rate drop and mentioned my problem with obtaining my SS, whereby she went into our reservation and could see both of my passes quite clearly. Putting our heads together we came up with a plan that worked. My traveling companion went into our reservations and walla there were my passes. So they were copied/saved and then emailed to me for me to save & print.

BTW...we live in the same household...ain't technology GRAND :rolleyes:

For the future- there is a help section to click on when trying to print the SetSail Pass. It will go through several steps of what could possibly be wrong.

I was having trouble printing my pass and finally clicked on the help section. The first question was, 'is your printer turned on?' No :o Not saying this was your problem but it may help someone else.

Archived