Transfers Question

familytrippers

While I've cruised on Princess a few times before, I've never used transfers (always booking my own packages, etc...) but for my Jan'10 Star Princess cruise to Antarctica I'm thinking of using a pre-cruise hotel and the Princess transfers.... How do the transfers work? I get the part about the pre-cruise (pickup at airport, transfer to hotel, transfer to ship) but for the return (with no hotel), we arrive really early in the morning in Buenos Aires but my flight (independently booked thru AA) doesn't leave til very late that evening (10pm)... if we have the transfer, will they take our bags early and then we can take a shuttle to the airport later or do we have to go there with the bags in the morning? Any help would be appreciated!:)

Never been to Buenos Aires, but at other airports there usually is a limitation concerning how long before the flight they will accept your baggage check in.

Often Princess will offer an excursion for people with late flights that includes having baggage on the bus with you. These offers are made onboard ship only and are not available for pre-cruise booking.

On two occasions they had a hotel meeting room where one could leave baggage while touring on your own. The transfer to the airport left from that hotel.

your options will really be up to what is available, and how many people are involved in late flights. With your being independently booked there may be less options.

Check with the excursions desk at your earliest convenience.

thanks so much, I am a bit concerned about it but I'm sure it will work out one way or the other! Even if I have to drop them at the airport and then go back to the city from there it's worth not sitting at an airport for a day!!

The airline will not accept your bags more than three (perhaps four) hours prior to flight time.

The airline will not accept your bags more than three (perhaps four) hours prior to flight time.

That rule only applies at certain airports with certain lines - I would suggest that the OP call the airline and find out the facts.

Ron

While I've cruised on Princess a few times before, I've never used transfers (always booking my own packages, etc...) but for my Jan'10 Star Princess cruise to Antarctica I'm thinking of using a pre-cruise hotel and the Princess transfers.... How do the transfers work? I get the part about the pre-cruise (pickup at airport, transfer to hotel, transfer to ship) but for the return (with no hotel), we arrive really early in the morning in Buenos Aires but my flight (independently booked thru AA) doesn't leave til very late that evening (10pm)... if we have the transfer, will they take our bags early and then we can take a shuttle to the airport later or do we have to go there with the bags in the morning? Any help would be appreciated!:)

I doubt the airline will take your bags that early. :)

Archived