Radio show group - will it be an issue?

There were over 800 Michael W. Smith cruisers on our Liberty cruise. I was worried they might interfere with the regular cruise program. We never knew they were there. It was one of our favorite cruises.

Generally speaking, when a smallish organized group has any activities onboard, they are private to only those booked within that group. Smallish being a few hundred or less.

So, if not part of that group, all you normally notice are some areas restricted by "Private Party" signs.

Their unorganized activities???????????????????? But they will usually stick with their group or blend in when not,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Usually!!:rolleyes::D

But I have seen groups both large and small that go out of their way to be noticed.

It all depends on the group.

Most groups on the a cruise do not interfere with the regular ships pax.

One cruise there was a group of about 800 on the Paradise. The show schedule was reduced to accomodate their singer. We still had a great time.

I found out that there is going to be a morning radio show (looks like shock rock jock) that is having their annual group cruise going on that same cruise.

We found out a large Goth group was going on our cruise on the Glory. We hardly ever noticed them, except on formal night. That was interesting.:D We really had a good time and would do it again. I never saw or heard anything I would have been concerned about our kids seeing.

My family just decided last night to change our cruise to another sailing in October. We felt great about our choice - we were getting another day for only $100 more total. I went to check out the roll call last night and I found out that there is going to be a morning radio show (looks like shock rock jock) that is having their annual group cruise going on that same cruise.

Please hear me out -- I am NOT a prude and at times you will find me listening to a similar radio show, but not ever around my children (ages almost 9 and 11). If it were just me and hubby going, I would be excited about the group! I am now worried that it might be too rowdy of a crowd for the kiddos. I am honestly not trying to offend anyone - but has anyone had a similar experience? Is it a non-existent issue? Or should I be worried?

We haven't made the switch yet so I have a few days to ponder this. Thanks in advance.

Do it. Chances are your kids already hear and see more than you'd like to believe. I know it was true for us. This may create some good opportunities to share thoughts with your kids on your family's values, what you consider to be acceptable behavior etc. Besides, the ships are big and there's a good chance your family may never run into these folks.

Archived