Early embarkation and lunch for suite passengers.

Kez100

We are on BL0914 with relatives who are in a suite. From the advertisement sent to me by email yesterday, it appears that a new benefit of complimentary lunch and early boarding will be available to suites which they are in (obviously won't include us). Can you advise me - before I tell them about my email, how they can obtain this new benefit.

Do they have to ring and book it with you? Do they just turn up and it will be automatic?

A friend is on Balmoral atm. She has a suite and she received an invite to board early and have lunch with the captain when she received her tickets. It was a nice surprise for her. :D I too received the email you did and assume this is a new idea.

Yes, hers is the first cruise it is on. There is a list of the first cruises at the bottom of the email (which I read in detail purely because of the circumstance we find ourselves in - do we tell them, do we not) My relatives have received their tickets but I know that nothing extra like this has been included.

What grade of suite is your friend in? (If you don't mind me asking)

Right, so she is in one of the very best. Well done her! As you say, I think I will call FO and ask what the score for them is. At least I know it really is up and running.

Yes............I think she boarded at noon..........nice to be on first! :D

Let me know how you get on and enjoy your cruise! ;)

I've spoken to Fred Olsen booking department, who tell me my inlaws suite is included in this benefit and advised me they need to speak to admin with their booking reference to sort it out.

So, I have now let them know about the new benefit, and given them admins phone number. I am so pleased for them, as I know how much extra they have paid over us (we all booked early so we could all be on the same summer holiday cruise together). I think little extras like this don't harm the rest of us but add a great deal of loyalty value for those who qualify.

We'll just stand dockside singing 'What shall we do with the drunken sailor!'

Hope your friend is having a ball!

I've spoken to Fred Olsen booking department, who tell me my inlaws suite is included in this benefit and advised me they need to speak to admin with their booking reference to sort it out.

So, I have now let them know about the new benefit, and given them admins phone number. I am so pleased for them, as I know how much extra they have paid over us (we all booked early so we could all be on the same summer holiday cruise together). I think little extras like this don't harm the rest of us but add a great deal of loyalty value for those who qualify.

We'll just stand dockside singing 'What shall we do with the drunken sailor!'

Hope your friend is having a ball!

That's good news...............just as well you'd read the email otherwise they could have missed out! :mad:

My friend is having a wonderful time. Yesterday was a special birthday for her. She had a champagne breakfast plus goodies all compliments of Fred. Olsen! ;)

She's loving Balmoral. I've been on her twice and love her too! :)

They have contacted FO and they are now booked for the benefit. Indeed, lucky I read my emails!

What a great birthday your friend had. Good old FO.

This is our second cruise on her. The children love her too. We come from a sea-faring family, so I think it suits us as she is a small(ish) ship and we are there as much for the experience of being at sea as we are the entertainment, ports and food.

Archived