gratuties on carnival glory

tizaac

Tipping, dinner attire, chair hogs seem to be the most argumentive topics on here, that I've noticed. (maybe I have forgotten something?) But other than that.....I have learned a zillion things about cruising!!!! Hope you stay around! Have fun!:D
me too, which has helped

Tipping, dinner attire, chair hogs seem to be the most argumentive topics on here, that I've noticed. (maybe I have forgotten something?) But other than that.....I have learned a zillion things about cruising!!!! Hope you stay around! Have fun!:D
me too, which has helped

I always prepay my tips because I have never had bad service on Carnival and when I prepay it just seems like part of the cruise cost (which it really it) and I don't notice it at sail and sign time and then I give extra to those who have served us so well.

It's worth noting that tipping is not as customary in Europe as it is here in the U.S. ... so, the amount of tips being charged may strike some as excessive.

The difference is, where tips are not given, the entire cost of the service is reflected in the wages people get. Where tips are common, wages are less and tips make up the balance.

So my point is, please don't award gratuities based on what you consider fair if the basis of comparison is a culture where tips are not customary. The staff may end up getting less than they deserve.

I believe the only valid reason to remove tips is when service is unsatisfactory. It's not OK in my view to remove them because of a preference to award cash to individuals as you see fit. Let the cruise line award the cash - if the staff were not happy with that approach, they would not be working there.

I believe the only valid reason to remove tips is when service is unsatisfactory. It's not OK in my view to remove them because of a preference to award cash to individuals as you see fit. Let the cruise line award the cash - if the staff were not happy with that approach, they would not be working there.

Where would they be working IBM, Microsoft...?

Tipping in person is definately acceptable and usually prefered in ANY culture that embraces Tipping as a supplement to earned wages. The OP should Tip as they see fit. Auto is nice, but only one option.

Well said

eastern on the 21 october this year - so excited

Tizaac,

I think you have the date wrong as we are going on the western Glory on Oct 17, so your cruise must be on Oct 24.That is unless, Carnival is changing us mid-stream and we don't know it, lol.

I do realize you might be leaving home on the 21st, but not cruising until the 24th. Enjoy Glory as we did in March.

Tizaac,

I think you have the date wrong as we are going on the western Glory on Oct 17, so your cruise must be on Oct 24.That is unless, Carnival is changing us mid-stream and we don't know it, lol.

I do realize you might be leaving home on the 21st, but not cruising until the 24th. Enjoy Glory as we did in March.

opppps, yes your are right we get to florida on the 21st, cruise on the 24th - you will have to let me know how good a time you had on the western one!!

Archived