Can 4 and 7 year olds sleep in evening RC AO program?

chiguypaul

I'd like to see a show or go to Chops with my wife. I'd like to put my 4 and 7 year old in AO. The kids program doesn't start until 7 PM. My kids will probably be tired about 8 PM. Are the kids able to go to sleep on the floor in part of the room if they get tired? Is that a problem? I don't want to spend extra $$$s for private babysitting if I don't have to.

They could theoretically. My kids cruised when they were 3 and 5 and we were concerned about the same things. The first day we tried to pick them up at 8 and at 9 to see how they were doing. They were so stimulated that they stayed each night until 10pm. I couldnt get them OUT of the club. I would ask the leaders if you can bring a towel for them if they need to lay down, but you may be surprised that they never want to. There is a dark and quiet TV room that they could if they chose.

Just to let you know that the staff is highly trained andjust terrific with kids. We never had a doubt or worry after that first day of natural parent worry.

My kids have been cruising since they were babies. They had always had a 7pm bedtime. On a ship, in the kids club, their bedtime becomes 10pm.

My kids are now 5 and 9 -- I tell them that they must come out at 10pm or they would want to stay longer. I know their limits and know they would be overtired if I allowed them to stay longer. ;)

And honestly, from 7pm - 10pm, the party is just beginning. So the kids could go in a corner and sleep. But I doubt they would want to. They would think they were missing out.

The schedules are in my signature, so you can see what they would be doing between those times. I don't think they would want to sleep.

And no, I wouldn't pay for the in cabin sitting for children that age. They will be perfectly fine in Adventure Ocean.

Archived