Med Isles 7 nights Island Escape any info?

kidstokie

Hi

first time cruiser here, i dont know what to expect!

Any advice from you experienced souls?

Am a bit disappointed that already part of the itinery has changed from Sicily to Naples! I went there last year!

Is the dress code really relaxed, i wear a suit all week at work and just want to wear jeans,t shirts, shorts etc and relax....?

Are sunbeds easy to come by?

Is the entertainment any good? Pub prices?

Are the excursions good value?

Will there be any under 45's?

My return flight is about 9pm,do you stay on the ship until the transfer or are you "kicked off" early morning like in a hotel?

Im really looking forward to it,a new place everyday.....sun,sea and Sardinia.

Would appreciate any insight.

ta

:)

Hi kidstokie,

First of all, you will have a great time as my girlfriend and I did two weeks ago.( both under 45 ) Try not to take in to much of what some of the bad reviews you see from time to time. Reserve judgment until you have tried it for yourself.

Dress code is what it says and that is informall. I wore jeans and a polo shirt most nights and a few nights jeans and casual shirt. Daytime, obviously what you like, shorts, surfshorts or even speedo's if that's your thing!

Sunbeds are busy on the day at sea but after that no prob as people are ashore and returning at different times.

Entertainment very good, bar prices £2.70 a pint. Also have cocktails of the day at about the same price.

I found the excurions very good and hassle free.Some say a bit expensive, and I know some people do their own thing, but i just prefer to sit back and not have to worry about missing the ship. The captain said they will not wait for one or two people but will for a ships excursion.

My return was 11am but i do believe you can stay onboard untill the coach is ready to take you to the airport.

Like you said, a new place everyday. Fantastic.

Have a great time........:D

Magic!

Thanks for the info....yeah i dont take too much from the bad reviews either!

Looking forward to it, wont take trousers,just jeans, cant take my speedo's as the s fell off and you get funny looks!! tee hee.

Am i right in thinking i wont need beach towels as they provide them on board? Did you do the Rome excursion?

I go two weeks today!!!!!

thanks again...

:)

Hi again,

Yes you are right about the towels. I didn't know and so took my own for the beach. But while there we did spot people with the ships yellow pool towels.

We did do the Rome trip and it was fantastic. Very tiring but fantastic. It was a 9 hour trip. We paid for the dearest one, £105 each, but that took us from the port to Rome by a private train, the Rome express. It was like a little orient express with leather seats and had you there in 50 mins instead of an hour and a half by coach.

Once again have a great trip and let us know how you got on.

Cheers.............:cool:

Hi again,

Yes you are right about the towels. I didn't know and so took my own for the beach. But while there we did spot people with the ships yellow pool towels.

We did do the Rome trip and it was fantastic. Very tiring but fantastic. It was a 9 hour trip. We paid for the dearest one, £105 each, but that took us from the port to Rome by a private train, the Rome express. It was like a little orient express with leather seats and had you there in 50 mins instead of an hour and a half by coach.

Once again have a great trip and let us know how you got on.

Cheers.............:cool:

Sounds great, thanks for the info.:D

We've just got back( Med Explorer 28/7 -4/8/09) Just adding to other spot on advice. Book a courtesy room for half an hour,it's free,before you disembark or ask about keeping your cabin for longer ,for £30 I believe. We did Florence for 6.60 euros each way it takes 1 hour 20 mins with a 1 euro bus from the square near the port to the railway station. My husband found brilliant instructions on http://www.ftroute.com about trains from Livorno to Florence (and Pisa takes less time ). However you must go on the 10.11 train to make it worth while AND GET OFF AT FIRENZE SMN not the station before. All times there and back are given and be sure to give yourself an hour plus leaway for the unexpected. At Toulon we asked at Tourist info office about the cable car (teleferique) It was 6 euro return on bus and cable car, which I thought was a bargain. Happy travelling

Archived