Dock Side Reception

Thumper69

Has anyone ever booked a harbourside reception?

I am doing Sydney - LA Oct 2010. I am from Sydney and was married a couple of years ago in Boston and my family (from Sydney) was unable to attend. I would love to be able to hold a luncheon/reception for them and Sydney Harbourside would be the perfect opportunity to do this but I don't want all the ceremony stuff just a reception. I tried calling the Princess wedding line but its Saturday afternoon its after hours and no one is answering.

Has anyone every booked a reception for about 15-20 guests not cruising without the ceremony?

Anthony

Anthony, Not sure if Princess will do that or not, but just a thought here. If they won't do it without the ceremony, why not have a mock ceremony so your entire family can attend this time? Just an idea! ;)

If it takes to go ahead with a "mock" ceremony we'll do it. Thanks Toto, great angle, we'll do it if thats what it takes. This is my dream cruise from Sydney - West Coast, I would have preferred to arrive in San Francisco but LA will do. This is my big START OF RETIREMENT cruise, We didn't have the time to do it this this year. I'm trying to get my brother and my SIL from Sydney to come along.;) I'm soo excited I just want everything to be perfect.:D

Thanks, I can always rely and appreciate the advice from the experienced CC cruisers. Especially the posters that were saying, on another thread that they were being harassed because of their high post counts. I enjoy reading your opinions and have used your advice many times and has made my holidays and overall cruise experiences fabulous. I would have never tried or known how to get onto chef's table on my last cruise if it wasn't for CC and it was one of the best cruising experiences to date. Please don't start changing your names.

One quick question....Does a 29 day cruise (only in a mini suite) still only count as 1 cruise credit.

Anthony

I am sure you can either set up a symbolic wedding ceremony or a vow renewal and then have your reception/dinner. You just have to contact the wedding dept and they will put you in contact with the planners that they use. If in the US then it would be The Wedding Experience, but I am not sure who it is in Sydney. It sounds wonderful and I am sure that you will have a great time!

MalibuBarbie

One quick question....Does a 29 day cruise (only in a mini suite) still only count as 1 cruise credit.

Anthony

Anthony, Actually, any cruise, no matter how many days still counts only as one cruise credit unless you are booked in a full suite (minis do not count as full suites on princess) or you sail as a single. Those both count as two cruise credits.

But keep in mind that Princess also counts the days sailed. So, even though you will only get one cruise credit for the sailing, the 29 days is added to your day count for Captain's Circle status. When you reach the 50 day mark, no matter how many cruises you have taken, you will reach Platinum status on your next voyage. Or when you reach the 150 day mark, your next voyage will send you to Elite Status on your next voyage.

Best of luck with this, and I hope you can make arrangements with Princess for this exciting event. ;)

Archived