Changes on carnival?

CanWeGoYet?

I haven't cruised on carnival in several years & just wondering what sort of changes (if any) to expect on the cruise I'm going on next year. I recall there being exercise classes all sea days & some dance classes taught by the ship's dancers. Is this still happening? I have looked at the carnival capers and the only dance class I could see was a line dance class on day 1 of a 7 day cruise. I might go if it was the only dance class all week but country western is really not my thing.

Any big changes in food or items that are now fee based instead of included in cost of cruise? I last sailed on a carnival cruise in 2004.

I haven't cruised on carnival in several years & just wondering what sort of changes (if any) to expect on the cruise I'm going on next year. I recall there being exercise classes all sea days & some dance classes taught by the ship's dancers. Is this still happening? I have looked at the carnival capers and the only dance class I could see was a line dance class on day 1 of a 7 day cruise. I might go if it was the only dance class all week but country western is really not my thing.

Any big changes in food or items that are now fee based instead of included in cost of cruise? I last sailed on a carnival cruise in 2004.

Make sure you know about new dress codes in the Main dining room on Carnival. The tux/ballroom gown is still accepted but it is no longer "formal" night and is now "elegant" night and it seems that for men a really nice golf/polo shirt and slacks is acceptable but a tie/coat is preferable. If flying don't pack the monkey suit... Depending on the ship you may have a "supper club" - separate dining area that cost $30pp for dinner. Supposed to be quite a bit better but have not experienced it yet (not on the ships I have sailed lately).

I have never taken dance classes onboard so can't help with that, exercise classes will be in Capers and it seems they were every day - even port days. I also understood that some classes were scheduled after the instructor met with cruisers and got a feel for who wanted more classes... BTW classes are extra.

, and your last sailing..no longer is there a "dance couple"..but groups on the stage with the "corpse de ballet", free booze/party, cut, h'ors d'oeuvre gone, except PG party. Some steak dishes,flambing dishes/desserts, midnight gala buffet, bridge tours, 5x7 photos, and more..still...it does not detracg from my cruze expierence.

Thanks for the replies! Does the food quality seem about the same still? Last time I was on the pride on a mexican riviera, in fact for all of the carnival cruises I thought the food was very good. I had heard that celebrity is quite a step up in food but did not find that to be the case on the recent cruise I took on that line. The flambe' dishes & midnight gala had already gone the way of the dinosaurs on my 2004 carnival cruise - hoping the food quality has not been cut as well. Just wondering if due to pressure to cut fares, has food quality gone down hill industry wide.

Thanks for the replies! Does the food quality seem about the same still? Last time I was on the pride on a mexican riviera, in fact for all of the carnival cruises I thought the food was very good. I had heard that celebrity is quite a step up in food but did not find that to be the case on the recent cruise I took on that line. The flambe' dishes & midnight gala had already gone the way of the dinosaurs on my 2004 carnival cruise - hoping the food quality has not been cut as well. Just wondering if due to pressure to cut fares, has food quality gone down hill industry wide.

There have been some changed to the menu but IMO the quality has not changed

Thanks for the replies! Does the food quality seem about the same still?

Out of 3 Carnival cruises in the last 2 years the food last March on the Sensation was bad in dining room but great on Lido deck, Fascination in Jan. was OK all around and in May on the Triumph best food I've had in a long time on a cruise. I guess it depends on the ship/crew.

• 1 month later...
, and your last sailing..no longer is there a "dance couple"..but groups on the stage with the "corpse de ballet", free booze/party, cut, h'ors d'oeuvre gone, except PG party. Some steak dishes,flambing dishes/desserts, midnight gala buffet, bridge tours, 5x7 photos, and more..still...it does not detracg from my cruze expierence.

"Corpse" :eek: de ballet? I'm going on a Halloween Cruise... but didn't anticipate dancing corpses!

I wonder if they got a special price, or full-fare? ;)

Funny Aside since I am commenting tongue-in-cheek about a typo: When I typed the above, I first typed "full-fart!" Can't make this stuff up!

Archived