Are the Beds comfy on HAL?

Renorita

We recently sailed the Oosterdam, and once again, we too found the mattress to be superior....The model is a EuroTop. Either Serta or Seeley,,,not sure which. In any case, I too have a bad back, but found relief for the entire cruise. The lovely Mrs. Jones and I are shopping for a new EuroTop mattress, even as we speak.

happy cruising,

Ken

Ken, what kind of a cabin were you in? I hope the new mattresses are in all cabins. We will be in a suite (SS) on the Oosterdam, but from what I can gather, it is not one of the suites that get to go to the "special room" for coffee and whatever. Forgot the name, guess I could look it up! :D But for the price we paid, I will not complain no matter if the mattress is as bad as the one we had on the legend! Well maybe just one tiny little complaint ;) But from all the posts, I think the odds are good that they will be better. Gee 10 months is a long time to wait!

In our category E cabin on the A deck of the Maasdam our bed consisted of two twin mattresses pushed together. Each mattress was about 4 inches thick. Laying on my side, I could clearly feel round mattress springs in my ribs.

Archived