Atlantis excursion

Gingee

Just checked the Atlantis excursion and the price just went up from $120 to $150. The rooms are ridiculous. Anyone know the best route to take for a cheaper way for four people to go there and use the facilities?

There's a hotel on Paradise Island...and I'm having a mental block on the name right now...that has privileges at Atlantis if you stay there (the other hotel). A lot of cruise passengers take a room there for the day for the sole purpose of getting the Atlantis privileges. I'm sure someone else will kick in with the hotel's name and all the details. Actaully, it might be better for you to post this question on the Bahamas Ports of Call board.

We booked the Comfort Inn on Paradise Island for 1 night. You get 4 passes for Atlantis for the day when you book the room. It saved us almost $400. If there's rooms available that's the way to go!

Yes. It's the Comfort Inn on paradise island. It's directly next door. Here's what you do. Book the hotel for the night. Then when you get there, check in, then check out at the same time. The staff know what you're doing, and they actually encourage it. (That way they can sell your room again since you wont be there.) You get the coupon which you bring to Atlantis and that gives you the bracelets which you need to use their facilities. I believe for a family of four, the savings will be something like $400-$500. Book the hotel well in advance though, since their rooms can sell out. (They won't know if you're actually spending the night with them and thus taking up a room, or if you're just there for the free pass)

Just returned from Bahamas cruise...showed up at Atlantis by 9:00 and purchased four AquaAdventure (water park) passes for $110 each and this allowed access to amazing water park, pools, and beaches as well as the hotel. Sounds like this would be a better deal...passes are first come first serve and are usually not sold on weekends.

We went in Nov off a Disney cruise, we got a cab ( about 15 each way, w tip included) and when we got to altantis, we went in the main entrance, down the large stair case and purchased day passes that fit our need. Go to the atlatis web site and check out the options and prices of the day passes. MUCH cheeper than booking with cruise or even the Days inn. Lots of cabs no wait and lots of fun.

passes are first come first serve and are usually not sold on weekends.

Is this true? I mean in this recession I really can't imagine Atlantis turning away business. Has anyone been turned away by atlantis on a saturday after arriving super early (before 9:30)?

This is a crazy system they have, they should really offer the passes online.

No, Atlantis wants our money, They will not turn away people, I went in Nov and they were empty, even at their very busiest, I can imagine them not taking money, do they really care if we are on top of each other? I think not!

• 1 month later...
My God. I will be with my elderly mom and she really isnt going to use the water slide or hang on the beach. Is there a way to avoid any fees to just look into the aquarium? I dont think checking out marine life should cost a fortune. :D

There is a free section to the aquarium , and to be honest the paid section is just more of the same (with the exception of the shark tank).

Archived