Insignia Cruise Director

teacheroz

We have had the pleasure of sailing with David P on "Insignia" and have found that he was a most efficient person, who was responsive to critiques directed at himself and/or staff. Almost every day you would find him eating with passengers in the Terrace, and most evenings he would be hosting a table in the Grand Dining Room. I dare say that 'different strokes for different folks" may apply in this case. Some peoples humour button at times needs to be adjusted. We have sailed with Lesley J, and found that he was more deeply concerned with a few passengers concerns rather than us masses.

He was the cruise director on our May cruise from Athens to Venice; I didn't find him arrogant. He ran everything on time (except the variety show on the last night), and I appreciated that. I have had Leslie Jon on several cruises and like him very much. I wouldn't hesitate to book a cruise with David again. He asked us to dinner, although we couldn't go because we were eating with the General Manager. This was our fourth cruise with Oceania, and I assume that is why we got all these invitations. I can see that some might prefer another cruise director but have to speak up in his behalf. I found him professional. Ellen

I sailed with David P. on Insignia last January. I didn't find him arrogant at all. He's a bit goofy when compared to Leslie's erudition, but he was charming and pleasant.

Just FYI, Leslie did "theme trivia" on our just-completed Regatta sailing, whether it was art history, authors or old movies. Not all trivia sessions are generic.

Jana

Just back from Insignia, literally flew in last night, and I have to say that I liked David P. He was soooo much better than the cruise director we had on Azamara Quest in Dec. 2007. Can't even remember her name she was so distant.

Archived