Can't see my upgrade!!

fridaythecat.u.k.

Hi folks,

With only a few days to go before my first cruise, I logged on to My Princess, as I have done quite often recently, to find out what my upgrade is :D

Only kidding, I logged on to see whether a miracle has happened and to see if the upgrade fairy has visited me.... (a girl can hope :))

Anyways, the website says that as my cruise is due to leave within 5 days, the personaliser is not available, there is just a link to print off boarding passes and the travel summary (I have already printed these off).

I know there is probably a simple answer to this, but why do Princess make the personaliser unavailable?

Also, does this mean that I am definitely not getting a visit from the upgrade fairy? I of course booked a cabin that I was happy with and not relying on any sort of upgrade as I know they are rare, so I am happy with where I am, but an upgrade would have been nice :D

Hi folks,

With only a few days to go before my first cruise, I logged on to My Princess, as I have done quite often recently, to find out what my upgrade is :D

Only kidding, I logged on to see whether a miracle has happened and to see if the upgrade fairy has visited me.... (a girl can hope :))

Anyways, the website says that as my cruise is due to leave within 5 days, the personaliser is not available, there is just a link to print off boarding passes and the travel summary (I have already printed these off).

I know there is probably a simple answer to this, but why do Princess make the personaliser unavailable?

Also, does this mean that I am definitely not getting a visit from the upgrade fairy? I of course booked a cabin that I was happy with and not relying on any sort of upgrade as I know they are rare, so I am happy with where I am, but an upgrade would have been nice :D

If I am not mistaken, they close the booking so you can't go in and make any changes. Sorry there was no upgrade involved for you. ;) But enjoy your cruise. Who knows, maybe you will get lucky at check in, but I would honestly not count on it.

There is a way to see if you are upgraded. When you go into the personalizer (even this close to the sailing date) you can open the boarding pass again and it will have your cabin number on it. If you have been upgraded, the new cabin number will appear. I only know this because it happened to me this past May. I wasn't expecting an upgrade and don't know why I even did it. I opened the boarding pass again and noticed that the cabin number was different than the one I had been assigned. It was true - I had been given an oceanview cabin from an inside.

Toto, sorry to contradict you on this.

Carole

There is a way to see if you are upgraded. When you go into the personalizer (even this close to the sailing date) you can open the boarding pass again and it will have your cabin number on it. If you have been upgraded, the new cabin number will appear. I only know this because it happened to me this past May. I wasn't expecting an upgrade and don't know why I even did it. I opened the boarding pass again and noticed that the cabin number was different than the one I had been assigned. It was true - I had been given an oceanview cabin from an inside.

Carole

Carole, No problem, you are correct. I was mainly addressing the closing of the booking on Princess.com ;)

Carole

Thanks Carole!

So, I did what you suggested, opened up the Boarding Pass file and.............................................

...................... no upgrade :D Oh well! I'm happy with where we are!

Hopefully others will have learnt something new as well, especially as Toto didn't know this - this shows that she only knows 99.999% about cruising :D

Thanks Carole!

So, I did what you suggested, opened up the Boarding Pass file and.............................................

...................... no upgrade Oh well! I'm happy with where we are!

Hopefully others will have learnt something new as well, especially as Toto didn't know this - this shows that she only knows 99.999% about cruising :D

Actually I did, but I just took it for granted you checked your booking summary again, even after the booking was closed so you can't change things, before posting there was no upgrade. :D:D (I should learn that you never take something for granted). :o

But 99.999% NEVER, more like 60% (on a good day). ;)

Actually I did, but I just took it for granted you checked your boarding pass again, even after the booking was closed so you can't change things, before posting there was no upgrade. :D:D (I should learn that you never take something for granted). :o

But 99.999% NEVER, more like 60% (on a good day). ;)

Ooops - sorry! Didn't meant to offend. I didn't check the boarding pass again as I had already printed it off, I didn't realise that the cabin number would be on there, I just printed it off and filed it away, I'd not really studied it at any great length :) With hindsight, of course it would be on there!! That's what you get when you deal with a newbie!!

So let's just say the upgrade fairy does decide to do a last minute visit - I would need to reprint our boarding passes?

I think 60% is on the very low side - definitely in the 90s!! :D

If by chance you do receive an upgrade in the next few days, you won't need to reprint another boarding pass or bookinig summary. They will have all the info for your new stateroom when you board.

Again, best of luck and you never can tell when they will have a surprise waiting for you at the pier. But as said previously, you can just never ever count on it.

And again, no offense whatsoever taken. Thanks for the confidence! :)

Well, last minute miracles do happen. I took a cruise on the Sapphire Princess December of 2008 and the Wednesday or Thursday before the Saturday departure I actually got a call from Princess' customer service asking if I wanted to be upgraded from my aft Balcony (marked no upgrade) to a mini-suite. Of course, I said yes as wanted to try a mini. Not sure why it happened so late in the game but boy did I enjoy my mini. Enjoyed it so much I booked one for December on the Emerald.

Enjoy your cruise

Archived