Shore Trips

fairmiler

We have just returned from a great fortnight on the Island Escape , 14-28 July 2009,and are considering rebooking as it was so enjoyable.We did five shore paying trips which on the whole were good value, particularly the Rome/Vatican trip.

However there was one trip which we considered was the worst ever in thirty years of travelling and it was for free. Yes that right the Palma blanket trip. It was described as a drive through the beautiful Mallorcan countryside and old villages and also a demonstration at a blanket factory.

The drive lasted about twenty minutes then we were whisked into a grotty industrial estate and into a windowless room where a condescending woman from Portsmouth proceeded to give hard sell talk for blankets for about an hour and a half, at which she said we would now have a break, and at which point I walked out being unable to stand any more of her droning on and on. I rejoined the bus after the other poor souls who had gone back into the room came out some time later. We were then driven to a shopping centre for about an hour before returning to ther ship about 1330hrs. I am old enough to know that there aint such a thing as a free lunch but this was ridiculous, and my views were share by many others on the coach.

This actually spoiled our day in Palma on what otherewise was a great holiday and should be a warning to anyone else who considers this trip.

Sorry to hear that fairmiler, we were on board 2 weeks prior to you and the day we spent in Palma as we now know where to go :D

If you wanted a shopping centre to go with masses of shops of all sorts, there is a very big mall just 5 minutes walk from the ship right oposite wher eit was moored and we spent all Tuesday morning wandering about and grabbing ourselves a bargain :eek:

But I do know what you mean about the free trip..glad we didnt do it now :p

The free trip around Palma on 4th August was selling therapeutic mattresses.I'm glad we didn't go. We just pottered around Porto Pi , the shopping centre behind the high rise with Coca Cola on the top. Best regards

Archived