Diet Coke Cake

Mrs.C05

Thanks Toonville2, here's the receipe I posted a while back in the WW thread. :)

Ingredients:

One box of brownie mix

One 15 ounce can of black beans

Drain can of black beans. Rinse. Fill can of drained black beans with water. I filled them just so the beans were covered.

Puree the black beans..I used my magic bullet.

In a large bowl dump the dry brownie mix and black pureed beans in and mix until well blended.

Bake according to the box directions.

So now we got a new receipe for Cake and Brownies. :D

Ok. Sorry about that. Cut me some slack, English is not my first language and you have too many weird rules in your language so maybe it doesn't come out right. You need to tell me in your langauge how to not make comments about what people eat because I thought this is what we do on the boards. I am not trying to be smart if you can help me understand the langauge better and how to post I'd be grateful.

Mrs. C05, she's talking about me. ;)

And yes Gathina, I was a bit offended when you replied to my post that I quoted from Kim..because you made remarks about what I eat. I could go in depth about that but like you said...move on. :)

Oh, I knew you weren't offended. I think someone else was. But it's not a big deal. How's the cake taste with the diet coke..is it very sweet compared to made with regular coke?

I haven't made it with regular coke yet but as for the Diet Coke, it comes out very moist and good tasting, nor do I think it is sweet. I use a reduced sugar yellow cake with the Diet Coke and I add some banana extract to it. For the topping, I used FF cool whip, mixed with FF & Sugar Free Jell-O Banana Cream pudding and FF Skim milk. You have to put the cool whip and pudding in the fridge for a while before putting on the cake since it will need to thicken up some. Otherwise, it'll just slide off the cake.

You have to make it at least once to try it out, either from scratch or box-cake, lol!

My mom recently made it with Cheerwine but it was too rich for me. Bleh!!!

I have a friend who makes a cake like this, although i think she has a recipie, i dont think she uses a cake mix.

It sounds weird, but it tastes great. Not the best thing in the world, for me, for sure... But it tastes good!!

I'd love to try it from scratch if it's somewhat healthy. Otherwise, I can try making it with Angel Food Cake, which I hear is better for you. I just don't know with how fluffy it can be if the icing will stay.

I think the Diet Coke cake idea sounds YUMMY! I, personally, like cake mixes.... I just said to my mother the other day, "I don't understand why anyone would bother with a cake from scratch," but I know, I know...Different strokes and all that, lol. I'll definitely be trying your recipe! Thanks for posting!!!

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone ever heard of this? If not, this really works! I've made it myself several times now and have not mentioned a word to anyone until after they've had a piece. No one can tell the difference!!!

What it is is rather than using eggs and oil for your cake mix, use one warm 12 ounce can of Diet Coke and your cake mix, THAT'S IT! Mix it to get the chunks out and put in you preferred pan as usual and back at normal temp. It's a lot more moist this way too, IMO.

Just wanted to pass this along!

PS: Some say that Diet Coke works only with chocolate cake, but I've used it with Yellow cake mixes and it doesn't look any different color-wise.

Dear Mrs CO5

I am not a chocolate cake lover nor a cook by any means. But my DW is both. Being the DH that I hope she sees in me, I decided to give her a treat by making your Diet Coke Cake for her. Being the DW that she is, she said it was good. The proof will be when and if she goes back for another piece.

I followed your directions to the letter. But I still have one question. You said to mix up the Coke and the cake mix and that was it, So that is what I did. But while it was baking I took a moment to look at the cake mix box. As I said I am not a cook, but I can follow directions ok, (Thats what makes me a DH.)

You said that the coke replaces the eggs and oil, but you didn't mention the 1 1/2 cup of water the cake mix box called for. Should I have added the water?

Oh ya, what do you use for the frosting? I gave her some light cool whip to put on the cake sorta like you would with pumpkin pie. Now pies I do like.Thanks for the fun recipe.

Ernie

• 2 weeks later...

I take one thing at a time. I want to loose weight and I like sweets. So when someone posts about a diet coke cake, I'm going to look. Maybe when I have worked through the weight issue, I will look at how sugar and flour and this and that impact my health. One issue at a time for me. I will agree that home made

always taste better to me but I get a little help from my friend (box) now and then and it is still taste good to me. Sort of the same thing with a Starbucks vs. Folgers I prefer Starbucks but I drink Folgers everyday and it is still good.

• 3 weeks later...

What about it???

I eat it every day, but only 1 tbsp..it's part of a training "diet" (more like a lifestyle plan) I started three weeks ago. You're supposed to lose 10 lbs in 3 weeks, I lost 4 the first week and I'm only into my second week and I went down another 2.

You have to be careful, to me it tastes so good it'd be easy to overdo it. But then again, I'm disciplined enough because I weigh and measure my food....not everyone has that kind of control.. if I didn't hold a picture in my mind of being really fat, I'd probalby overdo it with the almond butter. So that's my motivator to be easy on it.

Gathina, what is almond butter?

• 4 weeks later...

Forgive me for breaking in, & breaking in late, however I just read this thread today.

Our Weight Watcher leader has a recipe for a diet cake also, and it is adding a SMALL can of pumpkin to a cake mix. Then bake as usual.

I mistakenly added a LARGE can of pumpkin to a box of gingerbread cake mix. It was terrible--- a soggy mess that even the neighborhood raccoons refused!

The health factor to this recipe can be debated forever, I am just throwing this out for those who need a low point cake "fix"!

I think there are 3 points in a serving, but not sure.

Ooh, I was just going to post about using pumpkin. I add it to a box of brownie mix, and it makes the greatest brownies! Very moist and fudgy/pumpkiny!! I use 1 box Ghiradelli brownie mix and a 16-oz can of pumpkin, bake in a 13 x 9" pan @ 325 degrees for 40 minutes. Cut into 16 squares. 3 WW points.

I made these for Halloween, added marshmallow ghosts to the tops, and the kids all loved them. I ate mine with no marshmallow, and no one was the wiser that I was sticking to my weight loss plan.

What about it???

I eat it every day, but only 1 tbsp..it's part of a training "diet" (more like a lifestyle plan) I started three weeks ago. You're supposed to lose 10 lbs in 3 weeks, I lost 4 the first week and I'm only into my second week and I went down another 2.

Gathina, what is the training 'diet' or lifestyle plan you are using? I'd be interested in such a plan. Is it something I can find on the internet?

Thanks!

Archived