On_line Steakhouse RSVP

Scott_F

Thanks for the link!

How does payment work? I'd rather pay now. Or do they have to put it on your room charge?

As part of our budget, paying for everything up front so that nothing accumulates.

You can't pay now, it goes on your Sail&Sign card at the end of the meal, they're hoping for an extra tip.

The reason they don't put it on your card now is your plans may change on the ship and you might skip the supper club/steakhouse. You may also want to have a martini before dinner and a bottle of wine with dinner. It would be more hassle for them to remove the charge than charge you there. They will send a confirmation to your cabin and ask if you are planning not to dine there to notify them....

Thanks for the link!

How does payment work? I'd rather pay now. Or do they have to put it on your room charge?

As part of our budget, paying for everything up front so that nothing accumulates.

You can keep your budget in line by paying your account everyday (if you like) at the pursers desk.

I recently used this form for reservations on our November cruise. It's still a ways off, but it said "first come, first serve". So I expect we will be able to dine on our chosen night.

Yup, ours is in November, but since this is our 20th anniversary, I think I want to reserve now....so I will!

Thanks for all the replies....

I don't want to sound like an tight wade...LOL....this is our 20 year anniversary cruise, so we will splurge a little.

But like everyone else I'm sure, we are (at least I am...LOL) trying to be conscious of expenses. Especially with a son steeping on a college campus this fall...LOL

And if we have to put this on our sign and charge that is fine. I don't need to pay for every single thing up front. I just remember on previous cruises, I called them and paid for some things in advance (champaign, strawberry's, etc). My goal is to do that on 75% of what we plan on buying. If at all possible.

Another question for those that have done a Super Club (we never have). How long should we realistically allow for eating? We still want to see the show at 10:30. The sight says to allow 2.5 hours to enjoy this meal. Is this pretty accurate or can you see you going longer? We will be in Port so we might do a little exploring and I plan on getting wife a Spa visit that day. So I don't want and "early" dinner.

I'm just curious if a lot of people linger for 3+ hours or if "they" sort of a good timetable where you really are there 2.5 hours and are out of there...

I would say 2.5 hours is reasonable if you are 2 people dining - sometimes with a larger group it may take longer. Just remember it's a lot of food - and I don't think you want to go to sleep on a full tummy! :)

Cool...booked for 7:30. That should give us three full hours to eat and get to the show. And if we are done a little early...can always grab a drink....

And to be honest, I'm not to worried about being "too full" after. I don't really eat steak at a restaurants, so I'm sure I'll get the Lobster w/veggies (I'll probably try to talk them into the Escargot and Sushi while skipping the salad-tho the beef Carpaccio sounds good to!). But your point is well taken for wife. She will eat steak at a restaurant....so I'm hopeful there is a little time to eat, walk a bit, show and then go to the piano or wine bars. I'm assuming those are open late...

Archived