Help please - Solstice 1A grade cabins

thames_side

I am being offered 1A grade deluxe balcony cabins. These seem to be the slopy shape cabins either end of the bulges. Does anybody know anything about these? Any advantages / disadvantages?

The cabins on the angles will have larger than normal balconies, but may have somewhat reduced privacy. Also, the ones facing forward may have more issues with wind. In my opinion, the larger balcony is well worth it.

Wind depends on your direction. We have a 1A on the hump on Equinox's TA in Nov. Cabins are the same....just bigger. You won't have a footstool on the balcony in the 1A, but maybe you can bribe the room steward.

Bobbie

What do you mean by reduced privacy in 1A cabin? Do passengers on another balcony look right into it? I'm trying to decide between 1A and 2B.

All the balcony cabins are exactly the same unless you get into the suites. Really the only difference is location and a few with larger balconies. The rooms are exactly the same. We stayed in 1A balcony and it was lovely. Really... it was just the floor it was on that makes it a 1A... you can't really have a bad balcony cabin above the 7th deck (and many on 6 and 7 are great balcony cabins as well).

All balcony cabins can be looked into from the other one if you lean over the railing. Not that you can see much, but if you are on an angle, it's easier to see onto your balcony from a few cabins down. NOT that big of a deal, and the balconies ARE larger on the angle of the hump. There are many threads discussing which ones have the bigger balconies... If it's no more money for the upgrade, I would take it.

Wind depends on your direction. We have a 1A on the hump on Equinox's TA in Nov. Cabins are the same....just bigger. You won't have a footstool on the balcony in the 1A, but maybe you can bribe the room steward.

Bobbie

Which stateroom balconies have the footstools?...Is it just suites and AQ?

Which stateroom balconies have the footstools?...Is it just suites and AQ?

The CC rooms have footstools also. Unless you aren't paying a lot extra, this is not a worthwhile benefit. Our room was exactly like our friends in AQ and in a CC room.

Archived