TAXIS - safe enough? and how much from port to Rome and Lucca?

vacationjoe

Would like to see Rome but am reluctant to go on a packed schedule ship's tour with 2 children in tow. Wondered about getting a taxi from the port to Rome and doing a few things ourselves. Have been to Florence before so was keen to visit Lucca for a short while. Any idea of the prices of taxis for these trips? Many thanks.

If you're not looking for a private driver to maximize your accessibility to several different venues during the day, I'd recommend taking the train from the port in Civi to Rome. Inexpensive, efficient, gets you into Rome easily - then you can taxi around if you wish. Will save you quite a bit as a round-trip taxi is likely to run you into the hundreds of Euro.

If you're not looking for a private driver to maximize your accessibility to several different venues during the day, I'd recommend taking the train from the port in Civi to Rome. Inexpensive, efficient, gets you into Rome easily - then you can taxi around if you wish. Will save you quite a bit as a round-trip taxi is likely to run you into the hundreds of Euro.

We are cruising in September and wish to know how far from the port is the train station.

We have a hotel booked near Termini in Rome and are quite happy to use the train, but have no idea how long it would take us to walk to the station in Civitevecchia. Should we catch a cab to the station? Or are there shuttle buses provided at port?

Someone else can give better distances, but it's far enough that I don't want to walk it dragging luggage. To me, not worth expending that energy to save a handful of Euro. Taxis are available, no shuttle to the port. However, if you do walk to the port entrance, there are shuttles from the entrance to the ships.

Archived