Miracle 7/27-8/3/09 - Review

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Actually the Miracle is about the same size as the Crown Princess, but with a 1000 LESS people.

Just a fyi........the Crown is 113,00 tons and the Miracle is only 88,500 tons........Conquest class is not even as big as the Crown.....but I believe the Splendor is the same size;)

Nice review and glad you enjoyed your cruise:)

Great review!

So pleased to read that the Miracle, though a few years old, is in great shape.

I do have one question...What is the largest table for dinner? We are considering a trip with 12 people. I know they have tables for 10 but do they have any for 12? Thanks.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Great review!

So pleased to read that the Miracle, though a few years old, is in great shape.

I do have one question...What is the largest table for dinner? We are considering a trip with 12 people. I know they have tables for 10 but do they have any for 12? Thanks.

Sorry, all I could see were tables for six. We did see a large group together who had three tables for 6 right next to each other.

Just a fyi........the Crown is 113,00 tons and the Miracle is only 88,500 tons........Conquest class is not even as big as the Crown.....but I believe the Splendor is the same size;)

Nice review and glad you enjoyed your cruise:)

I think think She means overall passenger public space is the same,keep in mind Crowns GRT is only higher because of the additional 500 cabins needed to accomodate those extra 1,000 pax double occupancy of course.The Crown is taller because of the extra deck of cabins.

I'm glad you had a wonderful first experience with Carnival. Your review was great! I have cruised Carnival, RC & NCL and the Miracle is by far our favorite ship!

I want to answer a couple questions (from my experience in March) that were asked.

We had an extended aft balcony cabin (#6269) and loved it! We especially liked the location.

Unfortunately, there is NO Gelato :(

We carried on 2 large bottles of wine for our cabin. Several times before leaving for the dining room, I poured myself a glass and took it with me to the dining room. The people at the next table over from us brought an open bottle down with them several nights and were not charged any fee. Most likely because they opened it themselves?

The waterslide varied as to when it was open. It is posted in the daily capers (12 to 4?) but depended on the weather. The line was a bit long but I had to try it out. I'm 40-something (LOL) and thought it was fun but I did not go back a second time.

Karen

Guest LoveMyBoxer
I think think She means overall passenger public space is the same,keep in mind Crowns GRT is only higher because of the additional 500 cabins needed to accomodate those extra 1,000 pax double occupancy of course.The Crown is taller because of the extra deck of cabins.

Yes, that is what I meant. Thank you

QUESION for "LoveMyBoxer"....Does the Miracle have shampoo and shower gel dispensers???

I also LOVE boxers! Our kids have one. :)

I'm not the OP, but yes to shampoo and shower gel dispensers on the Miracle.

Well I have to disagree! I thought the Crown was huge compared to the Spirit or Conquest class.......much bigger public area....

Although I never felt crowded on the Spirit class it definitly did not feel crowded on the Crown........especially having more pools and hot tubs to accommodate us......not to mention more restaurants also.........

Sorry for the off course op........just thought people should know just in case they were thinking about booking the crown:D

Guest LoveMyBoxer
QUESION for "LoveMyBoxer"....Does the Miracle have shampoo and shower gel dispensers???

I also LOVE boxers! Our kids have one. :)

Gel was good. However, bring your own shampoo. The one they have drys your hair.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Well I have to disagree! I thought the Crown was huge compared to the Spirit or Conquest class.......much bigger public area....

Although I never felt crowded on the Spirit class it definitly did not feel crowded on the Crown........especially having more pools and hot tubs to accommodate us......not to mention more restaurants also.........

Sorry for the off course op........just thought people should know just in case they were thinking about booking the crown:D

The problem on the Crown were the two main pools. Not the adult pool in the back or the sanctuary. The area around the two main pools was about the same size as on the Miracle. When we had to use those pools because of our son, it was almost like riding a NY subway.... people were almost on top of you and you could barely use the pools. When we did get to use the Sanctuary it was great because not too many people knew about it.

:) I am so happy that you enjoyed your cruise so much...and I'm happy that I'll be sailing the Miracle again in two weeks. I sailed her when she was a mere 4 months old and loved her then. The reviews have been mostly positive throughout her entire history. I am really looking forward to sailing her on the 20th!!

Yeah,I hear you. I love the Crown but she's a crowded ship on her Caribbean cruises.Although the Crown has four pools,the sanctuary pool is sparsely populated because of it's distance from the action. The Crown has 12 elevators to move 3,100,

the Miracle has 15 elevators to move 2,100.Crown Grill is awesome(wish I was there now).

The stadium stacked lounge chair areas also give extra height to the ship but little extra pool space. Berilitz cruising also noted that Crown has 500 more pax than Her half sisters yet the public space remained unchanged. Miracle has a fourth pool for toddlers foreward of the water slide.Skywalkers also gives height to the crown but does'nt help on pool days.

Thanks, I'd sail both ships again but I gotta give the Miracle another whirl.

Yeah,I hear you. I love the Crown but she's a crowded ship on her Caribbean cruises.Although the Crown has four pools,the sanctuary pool is sparsely populated because of it's distance from the action. The Crown has 12 elevators to move 3,100,

the Miracle has 15 elevators to move 2,100.Crown Grill is awesome(wish I was there now).

The stadium stacked lounge chair areas also give extra height to the ship but little extra pool space. Berilitz cruising also noted that Crown has 500 more pax than Her half sisters yet the public space remained unchanged. Miracle has a fourth pool for toddlers foreward of the water slide.Skywalkers also gives height to the crown but does'nt help on pool days.

Thanks, I'd sail both ships again but I gotta give the Miracle another whirl.

See I didn't notice the total amount of elevators. What I did notice is that the Crown had more elevators (6?) in the lobby where on all the Carnival ships they have only 4 in the lobby.......so I guess for that reason alone it was not problem with the elevators because we had more options getting off and on......more available at one time.........:)

And back to the pool area I suppose any ship will feel conjested at the pool at one time or another......we were lucky I guess because there were not many kids on our sailing....plenty of seats available for football on the big screen:)

I agree I would have no problem sailing either one again.....we have been on the Spirit and now are looking to book the Legend.....

I will be going in september and have a few questions. It will be me and my 18 year old son. I just want to verify, there is no movie theatre, correct. The only place to watch a movie is on your cabin tv? We really don't mingle but want to go to activities. Last year we went on royal caribbean and were very bored because there really wasn't a lot of things to do. Are there a lot of activities to do like trivia things. Can you get free cappuccino at dinner? Were there tables for two at dinner? We like to sit by ourselves because I don't really talk (I can't hear too well when there is a lot of background noise). Anything I should not miss? Thanks in advance.

I will be going in september and have a few questions. It will be me and my 18 year old son. I just want to verify, there is no movie theatre, correct. The only place to watch a movie is on your cabin tv? We really don't mingle but want to go to activities. Last year we went on royal caribbean and were very bored because there really wasn't a lot of things to do. Are there a lot of activities to do like trivia things. Can you get free cappuccino at dinner? Were there tables for two at dinner? We like to sit by ourselves because I don't really talk (I can't hear too well when there is a lot of background noise). Anything I should not miss? Thanks in advance.

On our cruise, there were several movie nights in the Mad Hatter's Ball lounge. Lots of trivia contests - usually one in the morning and one in the afternoon on sea days, and some before shows in the evening. (I won the ship on a stick the first night with trivia.:D) And we had capuccino with our dessert in the dining room every evening. I know there were tables for two, but I couldn't say how many.

On our cruise, there were several movie nights in the Mad Hatter's Ball lounge. Lots of trivia contests - usually one in the morning and one in the afternoon on sea days, and some before shows in the evening. (I won the ship on a stick the first night with trivia.:D) And we had capuccino with our dessert in the dining room every evening. I know there were tables for two, but I couldn't say how many.

Hey Kathy...I've been reading around looking for you...how was your cruise? I won my first trivia contest...the history one! (does it help that I'm a history teacher?)

;)

Archived