NCL Posters feature in Magazine Article

Hi Tony,

I was really surprised when RichNY emailed this to me a little while ago.

I think Tomct took some poetic license with "self-confessed expert.":eek:;):D

Actually one of the real joys of cruising has been all the wonderful folks we've met through CC. What the article didn't say was we've gotten to meet RichNY as well (cruised together on QM2 4 nighter) and we'll be seeing him soon.

There's intertwined cruising stories with the others in the photos as well.:)

As for Norway, the itin was just as good as all of you the previous year had described, weather was perhaps even a tad better! Highlight for sure was the overland trip from Hellesylt to Geiranger. We loved loved loved the Jade, crew, service, food - outstanding!:D

Hope to meet you one day on a cruise!:cool:

I really think it was the martinis........:rolleyes:....every night, pre dinner at the Star Bar.

Tom, hope all is well..

This is what CC is really all about, having fun and making new friends......NOT arguing about tipping,dress codes, rowdy children and interpreting NCL "rules"...I guess some people will never get it...:rolleyes:

Hi Tony' date='

I was really surprised when RichNY emailed this to me a little while ago.

I think Tomct took some poetic license with "self-confessed expert.":eek:;):D

Actually one of the real joys of cruising has been all the wonderful folks we've met through CC. What the article didn't say was we've gotten to meet RichNY as well (cruised together on QM2 4 nighter) and we'll be seeing him soon.

There's intertwined cruising stories with the others in the photos as well.:)

As for Norway, the itin was just as good as all of you the previous year had described, weather was perhaps even a tad better! Highlight for sure was the overland trip from Hellesylt to Geiranger. We loved loved loved the Jade, crew, service, food - outstanding!:D

Hope to meet you one day on a cruise!:cool:[/quote']

Barb,

I am sure that Thomas Cook will mail you a copy of the magazine if you contact them via the contact page on the link. It's a high quality glossy magazine that is worth keeping as a keepsake, or to showoff to friends and family.

If you prefer I will mail it to you but you will have to be quick as I will be taking it on our TA in Sept , and will let Rich and Loretta keep it if you don't need it. If you wish to email me just add .co.uk to my username

Tony

Very cool, Barb & Tom!

Barb, one of these days we're going to get on another cruise together!!!;)

What am I chopped liver??..:mad:..

Hi Sweetie.:D..How's my favorite Red Sox fan and my Yankee pal..:D

Sure we would love to, but Loretta is running out of money.....:D

Actually we don't like going any place mid winter and we have the Caribbean in April ....sorry :(

We were on the Jewel and Good Morning America was on with us! I remember you and the others from our Meet and Greet. I'm Carole. We were detained in Florida because of a big snowstorm in Boston and stayed there during one of their coldest spells ever. All this after spending a wonderful week in the Caribbean. Glad to hear you're still cruising, we are going on the 28th from Boston to Bermuda. Do you remember me?

I really think it was the martinis........:rolleyes:....

This is what CC is really all about, having fun and making new friends......NOT arguing about tipping,dress codes, rowdy children and interpreting NCL "rules"...I guess some people will never get it...:rolleyes:

Congrats Tom and Barb!

Like Rich said--these boards are all about meeting new friends and having fun, AND learning and helping each other, just like Barb helped Tom at the beginning of their online friendship!:D

We were on the Jewel and Good Morning America was on with us! I remember you and the others from our Meet and Greet. I'm Carole. We were detained in Florida because of a big snowstorm in Boston and stayed there during one of their coldest spells ever. All this after spending a wonderful week in the Caribbean. Glad to hear you're still cruising, we are going on the 28th from Boston to Bermuda. Do you remember me?

Hi Carole,

Yes, I remember you....you were traveling solo that cruise, weren't you? Nice to see you still on the boards. I recall that snowstorm as well.

That sure was a fun cruise with Gayle King & Diane Sawyer on the Good Morning America Jewel cruise.

Just to carry the theme of this thread further, we ended up meeting 4 couples on that cruise (some down south and some up north) and have formed a multi-year friendship. After that Jewel cruise we all went on the Pearl Groundhogs cruise and have since been on Sun, Gem and Dawn together.:D The husbands all get along which helps a lot! 4 of the 5 couples will be on the Dawn together in Oct.

So now I'm imagining some interesting group dinners as the whole group from Tomct's picture will be onboard, too + this other group going back to Jewel days.:eek:;):D

The beauty of freestyle - we can enjoy a romantic dinner for 2 in Le Bistro and still plan some fun group dinners depending on who's in the mood.:cool:

Carole, if you're going on the Spirit to Bermuda, hope you meet Sean the HD. He was F & B Dir. on that GMA Jewel cruise.:) Have fun on the Spirit - such a pretty ship!

Sure we would love to, but Loretta is running out of money.....:D

Actually we don't like going any place mid winter and we have the Caribbean in April ....sorry :(

Ahhh, she's holding out on you! ;) By the middle of January you'll be ready to get away from the crappy weather! We didn't think we'd like a January cruise either (did November and March for several years) but since there was nothing longer than 7 days going out of NYC that time of year we gave it a shot last year -- it was great! Of course we STILL had to get away for another week on the Gem in March...:cool: But you're going again in April, so this would be a perfect getaway! Think about it!!:D

Archived