Elect. outlet in mini-suite on Island Princess

jashultz

My parents have a mini-suite booked on the Island Princess in Alaska next week. My father uses a "sleep machine" for his sleep apnea and I'm wondering if he needs to pack an extension cord to have it next to the bed. And if so, what's your rough estimate on how long it should be. Any other tips appreciated, we are first timers and have learned sooo much from these boards. Thanks!

There are two outlets right on the desk next to the beds. I wouldn't think an extension cord is needed. If, though, the machine has a large, square connector on the end (can't think what they call them), you might need to take an extension cord of some kind. The area where you plug it in is kind of tight quarters.

There are also two outlets on the floor near the door, used I suppose by the cabin steward for a vacuum cleaner or whatever else.

Even though we have always found a plug in close enough to the bed, we still take along an extenstion cord (just in case). That C-Pap machine is just too important on a cruise (for both people involved) to chance any mishaps. If the user doesn't find sleeping on that side of the bed to their liking, the extension cord (we normally pack an 8 foot cord) assists in running it along the head of the bed to plug in the machine. ;)

ask for your steward to bring you an extension cord...but it will usually be the big, orange, bulky one. My husband just always packs one now in his cpap machine bag...so we can use that as needed. LuAnn

Archived