Fort Lauderdale hotel before cruise

OPSnorkeler

We had initially booked the Hyatt at $109 + tax thru one of the on-line sites. After talking on our roll call, we found others had gotten it cheaper directly thru the hotel. DH called direct to the hotel yesterday and got it for $80 + tax. This is for November 23rd.

Janette

That's great..and so easy! :p

coiran- we did get a better rate. Maybe we are just "special":D:D:D LOL.It was about $40 less than any other site I checked. Of course we don't do Priceline or such. Got better rates for ES in Ft. Lauderdale and Portland than what I could find online. Anyhow, I was happy and thought I would share. I'm sure some one out there probably got a better rate than me!!

Hey = you were right. I just joined and plugged in a date for our Feb cruise and it came up over $40 less than regular price. Thank you for the info.

Ron

Hi Ron, glad I could help. I can't take all of the credit-I read it on another thread in CC. Have a great cruise, take care of the Ruby, we will be on it the month after you!:)

We will be on it in two weeks, then a B2B in Feb and Mar next year.

Ron

I just now booked on Priceline and got the Hyatt for 71$ Jan 1-2 and post cruise Jan 10th !!! The quoted rate on expedia and others is 227$ so I am VERY HAPPY !! Free shuttle airport/seaport, free breakfast, rooms sleeps 6 (we are a family of 5 so that's a big plus - no cots to deal with), free parking in case you happen to be driving up !! Fantastic location... I am beyond thrilled !

:D:D:D

Anybody that is part of Marriott rewards and have signed up for their various bonus programs, please remember that you maybe entitled to a free night, just check out your Marriott account.

This happened to me so instead of paying for one night at the Springhill Suites at the Airport I got it for the best price----FREE.

The promotion included upto I believe at least a catagory 4 if not 5 which means it's possible the Reniassaince was included.

At first I was thinking that we had found a place with the Comfort Inn Cruiseport South in HollyWood... But, upon further research on another major travel website, it does not get good reviews. Apparantly, the entrance and the pool area are refurbed and nice, but the rooms and service leave a lot to be desired. And, some mention that the transfer to the port can not be counted on...

I would want something in a lower price range than some of the other hotels recommended here on other boards on CC.... some are like 140.00 a night.

I think I will check out the LaQuinta Inn.

This Comfort Inn (the one on Stirling Rd) is really terrible! The exterior phots are great, but the refurb ends there. Just my two cents. There are many better options.

This Comfort Inn (the one on Stirling Rd) is really terrible! The exterior phots are great, but the refurb ends there. Just my two cents. There are many better options.

I agree.

We aren't too picky with hotels as long as they are clean and we feel safe. The lobby and pool were decent, but the rooms left a lot to be desired. We were very disappointed when we stayed there.

I booked the Crown leaving on Fort Lauderdale on 2/6... got a really really really great rate, couldn't pass it up. I somewhat casually started looking for a hotel and flights to and from Pittsburgh a couple of weeks ago (Why bother doing this 5 months ahead?, right?). Hotels were heavily booked...and $300+/night, or even worse, flights were just as bad, choices of flights very limited. Never in a million years did it occur to me that that weekend is the Super Bowl...in Miami. I spend a long weekend at a small place twice a year, they were full, but called me last week and had a cancellation. Whew! The room and flight on the return is easily half of the week before.

There is a great Holiday Inn express, that is close to the airport, and an affiliate hotel right next door. Both are new, (less than 2 years old) and are clean and offer free shuttle to the ship and to and from the airport. Really nice. Also, there are 2 new Marriot and Residence Inn by Marriot close to the airport. I'm staying there for our cruise in Nov.

Archived