Questions for you PRIDE experts

Our first Carnival sailing will be on the Pride in November.

Can some of you answer a few questions please

1) Main dining room - can you get table for two's ?

2) Is there a coin operated Laundry ? (small things)

3) How can I find copies of what a Main dining room menu looks like?

4) It is ok to bring on your own water ? I'm a huge water drinker and AM

Picky with my bottled water.

5) Beds comfy? Do I need to order an egg crate?

last one................

6) Blow dryers - powerful or do I bring my own?

Thanks so much for the replies.

Yes, you can get a table for 2 i the diningroom. But it's not nearly as fun as dining with others.

I believe there is a laundry room, but have never used it. Others, with direct experience will hopefully reply.

If you do a search you can probably find copies of the menus.

Yes, you can bring your own water. And to be honest... last time we sailed on Pride (feb 09) the water was SO bad, I couldn't even disguise the horrible taste with multiple lemons. I'm not sure what the deal was. We did not encounter this problem on any of our other cruises, including a prior Pride sailing. Normally I bring bottled water for drinking in our cabin and for excursions, but drink the water in MDR with lemon and have never had an issue. However, this last time was the exception. It was seriously horrible.

Beds are very comfortable.

Blow dryers are not very good. I recommend bringing your own.

One more question if I may...

Cell phone use while in the bahamas... Can I call home to NJ ? Verizon service.

I've done it while in Bermuda the last three years without problem. I just called verizon to switch to internation for the week and got good rates.

Thanks for your answers on other questions.

Yes, you can get a table for 2 i the diningroom. But it's not nearly as fun as dining with others.

I believe there is a laundry room, but have never used it. Others, with direct experience will hopefully reply.

If you do a search you can probably find copies of the menus.

Yes, you can bring your own water. And to be honest... last time we sailed on Pride (feb 09) the water was SO bad, I couldn't even disguise the horrible taste with multiple lemons. I'm not sure what the deal was. We did not encounter this problem on any of our other cruises, including a prior Pride sailing. Normally I bring bottled water for drinking in our cabin and for excursions, but drink the water in MDR with lemon and have never had an issue. However, this last time was the exception. It was seriously horrible.

Beds are very comfortable.

Blow dryers are not very good. I recommend bringing your own.

Our first Carnival sailing will be on the Pride in November.

Can some of you answer a few questions please

1) Main dining room - can you get table for two's ?

You can ask the M'D as soon as you board.

2) Is there a coin operated Laundry ? (small things)

Every full passenger cabin deck of every Carnival ship has at least one.

3) How can I find copies of what a Main dining room menu looks like?

Carnivalwiki?

Picky with my bottled water.

A 'reasonable amount' of soda and/or water may be brought onboard. Reasonable is undefined.

Ships water is desalinated and reverse osmosis filtered. Better than 99% of bottled waters.

5) Beds comfy? Do I need to order an egg crate?

The most comfy beds at sea.

last one................

6) Blow dryers - powerful or do I bring my own?

Wife brings her own.

Thank You ...

Anyone know if I can call home to NJ on verizon wireless from Bahamas?

Thats an important one for me..

Just off the Prides July 24 sailing.

Yes

Yes

Carnivalwiki-unless someone has the menus

Yes Yes and not powerful enough for my hair

Each ship has at least 2 self-service launderettes located on the stateroom decks.

There are two or three washers and dryers, and one iron and ironing board in each launderette. The cost is $3.00 per washer load and $3.00 per dryer load. Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener at $1.00 per box.

Launderettes

Main Deck 4 - aft / across from 4230

Upper Deck 5 - aft / across from 5270

Empress Deck 6 - forward / across from 6102

Verandah Deck 7 - midship / across from 7267

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Hi Gail,

Thanks again for your many answers to my many questions :-)

Do you know anything about Cell phones aboard the ship (while in port in Bahamas) I have verizon wireless and would want to be sure service is available.

Each ship has at least 2 self-service launderettes located on the stateroom decks.

There are two or three washers and dryers, and one iron and ironing board in each launderette. The cost is $3.00 per washer load and $3.00 per dryer load. Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener at $1.00 per box.

Launderettes

Main Deck 4 - aft / across from 4230

Upper Deck 5 - aft / across from 5270

Empress Deck 6 - forward / across from 6102

Verandah Deck 7 - midship / across from 7267

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

You are most welcome! I have asked just as many preparing for my cruises! Lots of good websites out there that I have found too. As for the beds; they are awesome! And the pillows are so great that I ordered them for home!

I love to go knowing as much as I can before any vacation.

This way I feel like once I step onboard a ship I feel more at home so to speak.

Gail...

Did you see my question on Cell phone use ?

Can you call home from the bahamas on Verizon wireless? Is there service?

Thanks.

You are most welcome! I have asked just as many preparing for my cruises! Lots of good websites out there that I have found too. As for the beds; they are awesome! And the pillows are so great that I ordered them for home!

I will do that... Thanks again.

I'm so hooked on going to Gold Rock Beach now, my only fear is the time factor on the island. Loved your pix so much.

How's traffic on the ride back to the ship?

Anything to worry about ?

I remember calling home from St. Thomas once with no problem, and we have Verizon. I had mine turned off last time we were in the Bahamas so can't say for sure; I would call Verizon and ask them.

I'll quote and answer only the ones I'm sure of:

1) Main dining room - can you get table for two's ? Yes, go to the dining room as soon as you board the ship. You can request a certain kind of table. The first night is a form of "anytime" dining - you can either go at 6:30 or 8:30 I believe (someone correct me if this isn't hte case), doesn't matter what you are confirmed for -- I would go to the later so you don't miss cruising under the Key and Bay bridge, but that's just me. Then by the second night the Maitre'D will have enough time to accomodate your request.

3) How can I find copies of what a Main dining room menu looks like? Here is a link that another Pride cruiser posted after she cruised where she uploaded menus:

http://www.photoshop.com/user/spaceystacie2006/?trackingid=BTAGC&galleryid=9a98672947e945c0aac2197956422f1c&wf=share

Picky with my bottled water. Yes. You can bring what Carnival calls a "small amount" of non-alcoholic beverages. I would say a 12 pack would be fine. Maybe more.

5) Beds comfy? Do I need to order an egg crate? I have heard that Carnival has the comfyest beds of any line. They feature the "Carnival Comfort Collection" in all rooms. My parents went in June and loved the beds. And they have a Sleep Number, so they are spoiled, and still loved the beds. But some people like their beds ultra soft, in which case I would get one.

last one................

6) Blow dryers - powerful or do I bring my own? I have heard they aren't powerful and you'd want to bring your own.

It really depends on your sail date. If no other ships are in port I don't think it will be an issue. Most of the ride out there is on a two lane road with very few houses, so very little traffic. On the 13th and 27th the Pride is the only ship in port, on the 6th the Fascination is there and on the 20th the Dream is....those two days there will be lots more passengers to move around town; especially the day the Dream is there!

I'll quote and answer only the ones I'm sure of:

What is relaxed on the first night's dining is the dress code, not the dining time. If you have early seating, table 227 and you go to late seating, the people ASSIGNED to that table for late seating will be sitting at that table.

I read a recent Pride review that made no mention of unusual seating on the first night. And I read one person that said that the dining times are firm as to main or late seating, but they were doing open seating within those times????????

So Pride out of Balmore, I don't know. But all "Anytime dining" on the first night would be a very strange Carnival procedure. Dat Dont mean it cant happn!:D

on pride in June the 1st night was open-ish seating..meaning, you could go whenever you wanted between 2 sets of times...something like 5:30 or so til 7, and 8 til 9:30 (don't quote me on times....but there was 2 sets and you just showed up)

The wacky thing is, you know how on the 1st night dining is nuts as everyone has to find their seats?? WELLL......on Pride, with the 1st night open, the SECOND night becomes the 1st so you have two nights of dining mayhem!!! lol:eek::D

It will make sense when you see it in the capers...

Archived