Electrics not compatable

ScotFi

Hi

Last year I brought my curling tongs with me but could not get them to heat properly. I use an adapter as obviously the electrics are set up differently from Britain. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Should I buy another prior to boarding,

Scotfi

Hi

Last year I brought my curling tongs with me but could not get them to heat properly. I use an adapter as obviously the electrics are set up differently from Britain. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Scotfi

Only assuming here, which might be a bad thing.... is your curling iron for use at 220V and did you bring an US Adaptor to use with the 110V plug?

If yes, bring an Adaptor to use the European style plug which provides 220V.

Hi

Scotfi

Had a friend who had the same problem though she was cruising out of Harwich and brought her American curling iron, which somehow burned out even with an adapter. Friends in the UK finally bought her one with dual voltage.

If you are coming in the day before sailing or have friends from the US that are sailing with you, I would just have them pick you up one here. They are very inexpensive. I know what a pain it is to have a malfunctioning curling iron.:D:o That has to be a girl's worst nightmare.

Had a friend who had the same problem though she was cruising out of Harwich and brought her American curling iron, which somehow burned out even with an adapter. Friends in the UK finally bought her one with dual voltage.

If you are coming in the day before sailing or have friends from the US that are sailing with you, I would just have them pick you up one here. They are very inexpensive. I know what a pain it is to have a malfunctioning curling iron.:D:o That has to be a girl's worst nightmare.

Totally agree, my wife has dual voltage tongs and just switches them to 110 V on RCI ships. If you purchase in the UK tongs will cost about $20. If you use them on land in the UK they must be on the 220 V setting.

Hi

I can't live with out my new limeted edition GHD's !!

Do you know if they are ok ??

thanks

Totally agree, my wife has dual voltage tongs and just switches them to 110 V on RCI ships. If you purchase in the UK tongs will cost about $20. If you use them on land in the UK they must be on the 220 V setting.

Archived