Cabin below dining room.

packard89

More than likely, you will hear the carts of dishes being wheeled into/out of the diningroom at all hours!

Looks like you have two options:

1) Try to change cabin location

2) Purchase a small fan or sound machine to cover up the noise

Good Luck!

:cool:Bill

there is a difference in being under the galley vs. the dining room.

the galley would be more noisy than the dining room.

with the dr, you'd only have problems during serving hours... and you'd probably be there, so no big deal.. the galley, another animal alltogether.

so which is it? ;)

there is a difference in being under the galley vs. the dining room.

the galley would be more noisy than the dining room.

with the dr, you'd only have problems during serving hours... and you'd probably be there, so no big deal.. the galley, another animal alltogether.

so which is it? ;)

Unfortunately it looks like we're under the galley. I do have a small fan that I usually bring with us. But if it's REALLY noisy, it probably won't help.

Unfortunately it looks like we're under the galley. I do have a small fan that I usually bring with us. But if it's REALLY noisy, it probably won't help.

well, yeah, then it's likely to be more noisey than under the dining room.

however, i understand that there is some pretty decent sound insulation between the floors, especially on newer ships, but as for fantasy - which is 29 yrs old, probably not up to the current specs...

you've gotta think though, it won't be horrible... there are certain to be some provisions made for making those rooms habitable (and not noisey) or people would be POed and they'd have a real problem on their hands. :eek:

one thing i have gleened in reading comments re: galley noise - is that it's typically the interior rooms which are more noisey, as they're in the midst of the prep / action zone... whereas outside rooms tend to be less 'busy' above...

how true this will be for your specific room, i don't know... but if you've got an outside, take that as some consolation... if not, sorry ;)

well, yeah, then it's likely to be more noisey than under the dining room.

however, i understand that there is some pretty decent sound insulation between the floors, especially on newer ships, but as for fantasy - which is 29 yrs old, probably not up to the current specs...

you've gotta think though, it won't be horrible... there are certain to be some provisions made for making those rooms habitable (and not noisey) or people would be POed and they'd have a real problem on their hands. :eek:

one thing i have gleened in reading comments re: galley noise - is that it's typically the interior rooms which are more noisey, as they're in the midst of the prep / action zone... whereas outside rooms tend to be less 'busy' above...

how true this will be for your specific room, i don't know... but if you've got an outside, take that as some consolation... if not, sorry ;)

I have an inside cabin, I think I'm going to go ahead and see if I can be moved. This is my 1st trip with just the hubby and I, no children. So I may actually want to sleep in a little bit. Thanks for the input.

We were on the 1st sailing of the Splendor and had an OV room... on the deck map it was just at the rear door of the galley so I thought it might not be too bad. Well at 4:15 EVERY morning we were awoken by the sound of clashing pots & pans:eek:... I guess they stored them just above our cabin... It was always hard to get back to sleep because we were so startled by the instant noise... I will never make that mistake again...:rolleyes:

Archived