Late flight out of Seattle

texascruiser3

Okay, I'm a goober I know, but....I booked our flights through a discount site and just realized that the 11:00 AM flight that I thought I booked, is actually an 11:00 PM flight out of Seattle after our cruise. :rolleyes: So, my delima is, what do we do with our luggage during the day and what suggestions do you have for sightseeing in Seattle? We are already going a day early to tour Seattle before we leave on 8/14, so any help or suggestions you have I would so appreciate.

Is there a shuttle from the cruise to the airport? There's reasonably priced luggage storage down by the luggage pickup area at the airport. Perhaps rent a car and do something like Mt. St. Helens? There's plenty of sight seeing outside of Seattle itself, like the Boeing factory or their museum which is close to the airport and could probably be done with a taxi.

Thank you so much! I had no idea there was a place to store luggage at the airport. So it's by the luggage claim area?

I just invisioned us dragging our luggage around Seattle for 12 hours!! How pittiful is that?! Thank you, I'll check into it!

Yeah, it's tucked against the street side of the area, among the car rental places, by one of the escalators. If you come over the sky walk from the taxi area, and down the escalator, it's near there. I believe the buses from the cruises drop you off at one end of baggage claim, but I'm not sure--I've only picked up the city bus into town there, which is a cheap option if you don't want to rent a car.

I wish I could remember the name of the business...a man's name? Ken? Whoo-hoo, got a memory like a steel trap! Can't remember my own phone number, but here it is! http://www.kensbaggage.com/

In any case, if you have frozen fish, they can store that too. ;)

Yeah, it's tucked against the street side of the area, among the car rental places, by one of the escalators. If you come over the sky walk from the taxi area, and down the escalator, it's near there. I believe the buses from the cruises drop you off at one end of baggage claim, but I'm not sure--I've only picked up the city bus into town there, which is a cheap option if you don't want to rent a car.

I wish I could remember the name of the business...a man's name? Ken? Whoo-hoo, got a memory like a steel trap! Can't remember my own phone number, but here it is! http://www.kensbaggage.com/

In any case, if you have frozen fish, they can store that too. ;)

exactly..it is well hidden...........!

there is a boeing factory up in everett and then the museum of flight that is closer to the airport.

seattle has lots of stuff to do.....they just opened part of the light rail too, i am not sure if the segment actually to the airport is done, but i think there might be a shuttle to the nearest stop..

http://www.seattle.gov/Transportation/lightrail.htm

http://www.soundtransit.org/

http://www.soundtransit.org/x11204.xml

We have the same dilemma. We get back into Seattle pretty early after our cruise, but out plane doesn't leave until 10PM.

Can't we just check our luggage in early, or do we HAVE to store it elsewhere?

You can't check your luggage in until about 3 hours before your flight. If your cruise line offers Luggage Valet service that is the way to go. For $20 pp when you put your bags out the last night of the cruise you won't see it again until you get to your home airport. The cruiseline will print your boarding pass for you eliminating the need to check in at the airport. You can go directly to the departure gate. We just did that on our cruise two weeks ago. That was the best ending to a cruise I have ever had.

One suggestion would be to talk to the bellman at the hotel you're staying at before the cruise and see if they'd be willing to store your luggage for you the day you return to Seattle--if you tip them well, I would imagine they'd say yes ;-).

I was on Celebrity Infinity. The $20 covered 2 bags per person. The cruise line charged our shipboard account that amount and $15 for the airline checked bag fee (we only had one bag). Not all airlines participate and I can't remember all that do but I know USAir, Delta, United, American, AirTran do. Your flight home has to be after 11:30 am to participate.

I just can't stop raving about this service. It made our return trip home so much easier. It was the best $20 I have ever spent.

We got off the Pearl on July 26 at 9:30 am. Had an 11:30 pm flight on American that was booked through NCL. We had booked the NCL transfer to the airport so we took that. We WERE able to check our luggage in at that time, 13 or so hours before our flight. This was American Airlines.

We still had our carry on luggage though. We rented a 12 passenger van for the 10 of us and our carry on stuff and went to a Seattle Mariners game. Then went to dinner before going back to the airport.

Then, unfortunately, our flight was delayed until 12:30 am, then after sitting on the plane for over an hour, it was cancelled. Stood in line until 4 am before we were rerouted. Spending the night at the Seattle airport was not our favorite way to end our great cruise. Hope everyone else's trip goes better.

Don't feel bad, I thought I was booking my flight out of Orlando at 5:30AM and it turned out to be 5:30PM. So I loss the day in Vancouver as my fllight is arriving at midnight instead on 1 PM :eek:

Archived