rccl cabins

ycul2

Hi, hope someone can help. We are curently booked in an outside cabin. There will be 2 adults and 2 infants requiring cots. Would it be better to switch to 2 connecting interior cabins if possible. And does anyone know if it's a big cost difference to do so. Thx hope this makes sense.

The "cost difference" depends on the ship and the sailing date. I can only take a guess that the price difference of two insides is going to be more than the price of one outside. But that would just be a general guess.

On our next sailing, we had a balcony cabin on hold. But then I worked it out that two Promenade cabins (inside cabins that look into the Promenade) are $400 less than the one balcony.

So, which ship? What sailing date? And what is the exact outside category you have?

Thanks, we have an oceanview booked I'm just worried that with 2 cribs and 2 adults It'll be very cramped. Thinking 2 connecting interior cabins would give us the option to put children sleeping in one room and us in the other. We are sailing on the navigator of the seas.

Ok Thanks i did that and found 2 connecting interior cabins. Doesn't seem to be much more expensive than it is for 4 of us in 1 oceanview room. not sure what you mean by categorys, sorry never been on cruise before and this one is a gift. I think the oceanview room is a standard one if thats what you mean and I was looking at basic connecting interior cabins 2 per cabin. Thanks again for you help

Ok Thanks i did that and found 2 connecting interior cabins. Doesn't seem to be much more expensive than it is for 4 of us in 1 oceanview room. not sure what you mean by categorys, sorry never been on cruise before and this one is a gift. I think the oceanview room is a standard one if thats what you mean and I was looking at basic connecting interior cabins 2 per cabin. Thanks again for you help

There are letters next to each cabin name. So, for instance, your Oceaview may be a "Category F" - each category is generally a different price.

The inside may be a Q, M, N, etc - the only difference between them are the amount of people they can hold and the deck it's on.

Check Category "PR". The Promenade cabins. Navigator does have them. Then you would have a "window" but it would look into the ship and not out onto the ocean.

Hi crusinmama06, We are currently booked into a category H oceanview on deck 3. I've found 2 connecting inside L cabins on deck 8 on the rc website. Waiting for TA to get back to me, bit worried as to why these are the only 2 connecting cabins left. Do you think it would wise to change. Think I'd have a meltdown with 4 of us in one room.

Hi crusinmama06, We are currently booked into a category H oceanview on deck 3. I've found 2 connecting inside L cabins on deck 8 on the rc website. Waiting for TA to get back to me, bit worried as to why these are the only 2 connecting cabins left. Do you think it would wise to change. Think I'd have a meltdown with 4 of us in one room.

In general people don't like to choose connecting cabins to book because they worry that they will be able to hear the people in the adjoining room. While I dont know if this is true overall or not (in my experience it is not true) in your case it doesn't matter because you want to door and want to be able to hear the kids.

We just booked a balcony/inside combo on the Voyager for this same reason and it was $200 cheaper than putting 4 people in one balcony room. People were also advising me that a baby monitor will work.

If you think having 2 rooms will work out better for you then preserve your sanity and book that way!

There are letters next to each cabin name. So, for instance, your Oceaview may be a "Category F" - each category is generally a different price.

The inside may be a Q, M, N, etc - the only difference between them are the amount of people they can hold and the deck it's on.

Check Category "PR". The Promenade cabins. Navigator does have them. Then you would have a "window" but it would look into the ship and not out onto the ocean.

I checked Freedom's PR rooms and there was not any PR/inside adjoining combo's available :(

I checked Freedom's PR rooms and there was not any PR/inside adjoining combo's available :(

That's too bad. :(

ycul2 - sorry, I can't tell how wise it would be unless I had the cost of the cabins. But generlly, if you can get those connecting insides on Deck 8, in my mind, it would be so much better than one ocean view on Deck 3. But it would all depend on the price difference.

Hi Crusinmama06, Just got the price to change $1200 :( what do you think now.

What was your old price versus your new price? They way you posted it I am reading that it is going to COST you and extra $1200 to change?

What sailing date?

It is according to TA sailing 30th august they want an extra 888 euro to change to 2 interior cabins whick works out at over $1200. Original price of one oceanview cabin was 3100 euro. I'm not a happy bunny today!!

It is according to TA sailing 30th august they want an extra 888 euro to change to 2 interior cabins whick works out at over $1200. Original price of one oceanview cabin was 3100 euro. I'm not a happy bunny today!!

Yes, unfortunately the difference between passengers 1 and 2 in an ocean view room versus an inside room is only $300 per passenger for 1 and 2. Usually you get a much bigger price drop if you move from ocean view to inside

BUT, Have I got a solution for you!

Royal Caribbean is having a booking special on JUNIOR SUITES! For $400 more you can change into a Junior Suite (299 sq feet, Bathtub and Balcony!)

Total cost for 4 people in an oceanview room is $3956

Total cost for 4 people in a Junior suite is $4396.

If you can afford it you should definitely do it!

Junior Suite w/ Balcony

Deck 6 and 7

Occupancy up to 4 guests

Amenities: Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, private bathroom with bathtub and a sitting area. (299 sq. ft., balcony 65 sq. ft.)

RCCL Pricing Special First and second passengers in a JS $1599 each, third and fourth passengers in a JS $599 each. Total before taxes and port charges is $4396

This is not a residency special it is a RCCL Pricing Special. ANYONE can take advantage of this.

In fact I just checked and I really want you to book an AFT JS cabin on deck 6 or 7. ALL of the JS afts are open. If you have kids you will want to be on deck 7 to be closer to the windjammer. If you worry about motion sickness book deck 6 JS Aft.

Let me know what you decide to do!

BTW: I don't know if your exchange rates are a little off or if your TA is "fibbing" a bit but it will not cost $1200 USD to switch, only $600 USD.

But book the JS! SO worth it for $400....you get a HUGE room, a balcony and a bathtub!

Thanks for going to all that trouble. Ta said when cabin was originally booked she got it cheaper than what it's being advertised for now hence the 888 euro difference to swap now. Looked at the js and they looked lovely, but i like the idea of having a completly seperate area to put the kids to bed they are still quite young and would sleep better if i had a seperate room to put them into. Think i might just pay the extra and get the 2 inside cabins even though it'll kill me to pay that. Oh well, well rested children = happy parents ;)

BTW: I don't know if your exchange rates are a little off or if your TA is "fibbing" a bit but it will not cost $1200 USD to switch, only $600 USD.

But book the JS! SO worth it for $400....you get a HUGE room, a balcony and a bathtub!

Scratch that, I am totally wrong!

It would cost you $1200 to change to 2 inside rooms. It's the difference between the cost of passnegers 3 and 4 in an oceanview ($599 each) now changing to become passengers 1 and 2 in an interior $1089 each.

Book the JS for $400 more total!

Wait, so according to ontimeout - the price difference is just $400 for a JS. Can I just say - TAKE THE JUNIOR SUITE! Do NOT downgrade to an inside (and pay $1,200 more). TAKE THE JS!!!!! :D

Here's why! When you book the JS, if the kids are sleeping, then mom and dad step OUTSIDE to have a nice little night alone under the stars. You don't need separate sleeping areas. But you do need a place to go so you won't have to tiptoe around the cabin.

Take it from me, being stuck in a cabin without a balcony is not fun. I loathe it. And I am not happy that I am doing it on Explorer but the price is actually cheaper for 2 PR cabins than one balcony.

But I have to say, if it was $400 more for a JS, or $1,200 more for 2 insides and the kids are BABIES (no need for extra bathroom), then TAKE THE JS!!!!!

Wait, so according to ontimeout - the price difference is just $400 for a JS. Can I just say - TAKE THE JUNIOR SUITE! Do NOT downgrade to an inside (and pay $1,200 more). TAKE THE JS!!!!! :D

Here's why! When you book the JS, if the kids are sleeping, then mom and dad step OUTSIDE to have a nice little night alone under the stars. You don't need separate sleeping areas. But you do need a place to go so you won't have to tiptoe around the cabin.

Take it from me, being stuck in a cabin without a balcony is not fun. I loathe it. And I am not happy that I am doing it on Explorer but the price is actually cheaper for 2 PR cabins than one balcony.

But I have to say, if it was $400 more for a JS, or $1,200 more for 2 insides and the kids are BABIES (no need for extra bathroom), then TAKE THE JS!!!!!

Yes, only $400.

I really think this is one of those times when OP needs to throw caution to the wind and take the JS over the 2 insides....

I know that you have some preconcieved notions, OP, but I think you will be surprised that the reality of the JS situation is much different than you think it will be.

For an extra $400 versus an extra $1200, don't you think the chance that you might be wrong is a chance worth taking?

Just a post to thank ontimeout and cruisinmama06 for all your advice. Don't know about that 400 deal for js when we asked it was roughly the same price to swap to either a js or 2 insides ( no mention of a $400 deal) We went with the 2 inside cabins I might have made a mistake but I think this arrangement will work best for our family, and if not you live n learn eh! Thanks again. I'll let you know how we get on :)

Archived