1st time with RCCL - any info appreciated

:confused:Hello to the RCCL section of cruisecritic

I have just booked a last minute long weekend cruise on Monarch of the Seas for 8/21/09 for DH and myself. We have previous cruise experience, but know very little about RCCL ships.

I do have a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to help please:

1. We have an SO, deck 9, stateroom 9014 partially obstructed view - any idea of how obstructed?

2. Are there robes in the room?

3. What night is formal night, and how formal on a 3 day cruise?

4. Is there a Captain's cocktail party?

5. Never been to Stirrup Cay - any info. please.

6. Specialty dining locations - booking on board - is it possible?

7. Is there a safe in the room and if so, is it a key pad or magnetic strip reader?

8. Is there a refridgerator/ mini bar in the room?

9. Is there a hair dryer in the room?

10. Any special info. about the Monarch of the Seas?

I have learned so much in the past from cruisecritic members.

Thank you for any information.

Jennifer :)

:confused:Hello to the RCCL section of cruisecritic

I have just booked a last minute long weekend cruise on Monarch of the Seas for 8/21/09 for DH and myself. We have previous cruise experience, but know very little about RCCL ships.

I do have a few questions if anyone would be kind enough to help please:

1. We have an SO, deck 9, stateroom 9014 partially obstructed view - any idea of how obstructed?

2. Are there robes in the room?

6. Specialty dining locations - booking on board - is it possible?

7. Is there a safe in the room and if so, is it a key pad or magnetic strip reader?

8. Is there a refridgerator/ mini bar in the room?

9. Is there a hair dryer in the room?

10. Any special info. about the Monarch of the Seas?

I have learned so much in the past from cruisecritic members.

Thank you for any information.

Jennifer :)

I can only answer a couple of your questions. Robes on RCI are only given to C&A members Platinum and up and to Suite guests JS and up. You can try and ask your cabin attendant for a robe, but there´s no guarantee to get one as those entitled to one have to be served first.

Every cabin on RCI has a hair dryer.

RCI doesn't go to Stirrup Cay--it's Coco Cay! It's a great beach day! BBQ lunch is included--sodas and alcohol are extra, just like on the ship. Everything is through RCI on Coco Cay, and you can come and go at will.

Formal night can only be on night 2!!!!! and you will see everything from tuxes to suits...gowns to cocktail dresses....for the most part.

All RCI ships have hair dryers in the vanity drawer...they are the small "hotel style" dryers.

Don't worry about the obstruction---the windows really aren't great for ocean-gazing---they're more to just let in light.

There used to be a Captain's Reception, but I'm not sure they're still doing this.

The only "pay" restaurant is a Johnny Rockets--burgers/fries. $4.95 pp and that covers the food. Milkshakes are extra.

Never sailed on Monarch, but can answer some questions.

2. Are there robes in the room?No robes, but you can ask for them. If available, your room steward will bring them.

6. Specialty dining locations - booking on board - is it possible?No specialty restaurants on the Monarch. She's one of the smaller ships. Doesn't offer as many things as the other classes of ships.

7. Is there a safe in the room and if so, is it a key pad or magnetic strip reader? the ships that I sailed had key pad safes, not sure about Monarch

8. Is there a refridgerator/ mini bar in the room? ships that I sailed had mini frigerator, but it doesn't get very cold. Sorry, not sure about Monarch

9. Is there a hair dryer in the room? Yes, hair dryers are in the deck/dresser drawer

10. Any special info. about the Monarch of the Seas? Hopefully someone will come along that has sailed on the Monarch. Try the "search" key and type in Monarch, you might get you're answers from other threads.

Try changing your subject line to "Questions about Monarch"

Archived