Prince Rupert Excursions

snut@verizon.net

For Prince Williams Sound we're considering the 26 Glacier tour through Phillips when we dock in Whittier. We've read other suggestions but most are not operating that late in September.

What port will you be leaving from on your excursion?

We went to Butze Falls. We usually do our own excursions, but we booked that one through the cruise line. It was a hike through the rain forest to the rapids with a guide. We enjoyed it. You could probably take a cab out there and hike on your own. It is about 4 miles outside of town. We also went to the museum right next to the cruise dock.

Wow! Those are great ideas! Thank you. I don't remember seeing the glacier tour mentioned--sounds like a great tour tho. We are leaving from Seattle, hitting Juneau, Ketchikan and Skagway before spending 6pm-10 in Prince Rupert.

The rainforest hike sounds like a definite possibility--we love hiking. I'm also curious about whether you are likely to see killer whales there. Or any for that matter at that time of day...

The post before mine from LoriPhil might have confused you. You won't be able to go on a glacier tour from Prince Rupert. They mentioned that was what they were doing from Whittier. If you like hiking, Butze Rapids is what you need to do at Prince Rupert. If you are only docked from 6pm-10pm, you won't have alot of time. Daylight might be a factor too. If I remember, the hike is a loop and it is 2.5 to 3 miles. It will only take about 5-10 minutes to get out there.

No I didn't think there were glacier tours there. The hike sounds great--I am also concerned about time--there isn't very much of it.

Still also considering a whale watch but wondering if it's a waste at that hour and if I'm likely to see anything different than we do here in New England...

If you want to do whale watching, do the Kenai Fjords National Park tour in Seward. It is a six hour trip. You will most likely see whales and you also go to Holgate Glacier. Lunch is included and it is first class.

Archived