Good and bad room locations, and other info.

We booked forward porthole cabin, hopefully the motion and noise aren't to bad.

Have a great honeymoon!

Please post what you think of the motion in the front cabins. I think it would bother me because I am prone to motion sickness. My friend wants to book a forward cabin like that and she is not prone to motion sickness.

Jen in SoCal

• 2 weeks later...
I have never gotten motion sickness before, so I think I'll be fine, but I'll let you know just the same.

How many people get motion sickness on cruise ships. It seems something so large wouldn't be to bad.

I never had a problem either until I had cabin e10 on the sensation (porthole). The fantasy class vessels are very prone to movement if the seas are rough. Up front is the worse IMO from our 20 plus cruises. Also was on lido deck way forward on the Splendor and we rocked big time in rough seas, not fun at all. Take some motion pills a day before you board just in case. Hopefully it will be calm seas and it is very quiet up front of the ship.

I have never gotten motion sickness before, so I think I'll be fine, but I'll let you know just the same.

How many people get motion sickness on cruise ships. It seems something so large wouldn't be to bad.

Well I am not prone to motion sickness, but on both my previous cruises any time I was forward (showroom, or walking around the ship) I would start getting sick feeling....never anywhere else on the ship, just forward, so I know I would never book a forward cabin.

so that is something to take in consideration, because I have never gotten sick in a car, plane, train or anything, but being forward on a ship does it everytime...and 1 ship was the Destiny (larger) and the other was the Celebration (smaller) and same thing both times.

Ok, as long as we are talking about the motion if the ocean here,

maybe someone can give me a little info.

On the Triumph, this Saturday we will be pretty far forward on the Lido

deck.

I know that the further fore or aft you go, the more motion you get.

I know how the seas are make all the difference in the world, but

what kind of motion can we expect?

I am actually hoping to feel some movement..I want to know we are on a ship.;)

The next cruise after this we will be all the way forward on the Verandah deck on the Elation

right near that "secret" deck...sssshh don't tell anyone about it.:p

Upper deck port hole room and we loved it last year. Very, very quiet up there, not a lot of traffic in the hallway. It's a bit of a hike to the stairs or elevators, but that helps with all the food and drink:) Upper deck has cabins both above and below, and we were on port side but the anchor didn't bother us since we are early risers and were out of the cabin by the time the anchor was dropped. We had plenty of room and would not pay the difference for a regular OV room, the port holes were just fine.

So, my PVP is thinking of putting me in U15. I was curious if it was a good location so I am glad to hear you liked U16. U15 will be starboard so no anchor noise. Do you have any pictures Border Granny?

We are going on our 4th cruise next month, and have always had cabins on Riviera Deck. It's the lowest passenger deck, much less "motion of the ocean" and these rooms are less expensive. We usually spring for an oceanview, but the interiors are fine too--how much time will you actually be in your room anyway? I have never experienced any extra noise on Riviera, and it's really convenient for port days too--you don't have to wait for the elevators!

Uh, they're going to be on their honeymoon...;)

We love the 5A or PT rooms, I will say in rough seas (seldom), the slapping of the swells and waves do make you sit up in bed, and the thrusters can be loud and rattley but only when pulling into/out of ports but we're up anyway so that's no problem.

Archived