What does Carnival serve for Thanksgiving Dinner?

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has a menu for Thanksgiving dinner on the Carnival Sensation? Going to be going on this cruise for Thanksgiving. Just wondering if they do anything special for this holiday. Also, will the ship be decorated yet for the christmas holiday season? Any, info would be greatly appreciated. Happy Cruisin!!:)

We have cruised over several Thanksgivings . . . Carnival does a nice turkey dinner with stuffing, sweet potatoes, apple pie, etc. . .. it is good imo but nothing like we make at home.

As far as Xmas decorations, they usually have a few decorated trees and some nice holiday backdrops for pictures. That's about it, I think.

I was on the Glory for Thanksgiving in 2005. The turkey was nothing like I make!! IMO eat something else and make your own Thanksgiving feast either before or after your cruise.

But could you make it for over 2000 guests. We were on Radiance Of The Seas this last Thanksgiving and I think I actually enjoyed "left overs" night better than the actual Thanksgiving Dinner. It wasn't great, but it was still pretty good.

• 2 months later...

I've sailed holiday cruises several times on Carnival and I have to say that it's not a big deal to them. The decorations are pretty sparce. I've seen a gingerbread house placed on the Lido Deck in the atrium which to me is not a very good location. The food served in the dining room has never been memorable in keeping with traditional holiday meals. I felt that Royal Caribbean did more for the holidays (egg nog in the atrium, caroling, lots of christmas trees, and even potato latkes for Hannukah).

From the Carnival booking website:

"Thanksgiving 11/26/09; 11/25/10In addition to the regular entrees served this evening of the cruise, traditional Thanksgiving food will be on the menu as well on Thursday evening. This includes roasted turkey, yams, mashed potatoes, cranberry relish, giblet gravy and pumpkin pie. "

Archived