Cruising Out of FLL...can I buy wine on Sunday morning before cruise?

curlimommy

Again, this is NOT a state law. Some counties are 1PM, some start selling at 7AM. I know this, I live here, I live in a county that sells at 7AM. Ft Lauderdale(Broward County) may be 11 or 12 or 1, but it is not a state law, it is a county by county ordinance.

I stand corrected!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES!!! Looks like the consensus is no alcohol purchases on Sunday until noon. Since we want to be boarding the ship by 11:30, I'm going to try to book a flight that gets in before stores stop selling Saturday night.

OR, is it a good idea to carry wine from Chicago to FLL given the timing for buying wine. Even if our flight gets in aroudn 9pm Saturday night that doesn't give us much time to get to hotel, check in and get to a liquor store before they close at 11pm in FLL. I certainly don't want to board late on Sunday just to wait to buy wine at noon.

I'm a bit nervous about packing glass bottles for the Chicago to FLL leg. What are you thinking of doing? I guess we could do boxed wine? Or wine cubes? Not the best quality though...

Hmmm...

OR, is it a good idea to carry wine from Chicago to FLL given the timing for buying wine. Even if our flight gets in aroudn 9pm Saturday night that doesn't give us much time to get to hotel, check in and get to a liquor store before they close at 11pm in FLL. I certainly don't want to board late on Sunday just to wait to buy wine at noon.

I'm a bit nervous about packing glass bottles for the Chicago to FLL leg. What are you thinking of doing? I guess we could do boxed wine? Or wine cubes? Not the best quality though...

Hmmm...

If you get in at 9pm, I think you'll still have time to get to the Wine/grocery stores. There are plenty around in the hotel area. Packing in your suitcase? Don't forget the airline weight limit of 50 lbs.

Hmmm...

Wrap them in "Bubble Wrap". I had 3 bottles in my suit case. Traveled from Canada to Rome and then Rome to Venice...NO Problem at all!

Archived