Eastern Carribean - Liberty September.

Beckyv

As chief planner for our family excurisions i am looking for some advice on what i have found so far for each of the Ports. Also any reccomendations in case i have missed something. We like relaxing but also like something to do as well.

Half Moon Cay Bahamas - Planning to get a Cabana. Get on the ship early and hopefully get one of these. We want one near the food and the buzish part but not right in the middle. Which is best?

St.Thomas - Looking to do the Sonny Listen tour.

San Juan - Segway tour

Grand Turk - Golf Buggys

How does this sound??

All seem like fun activities.

We are doing the same itinerary on 9/19, when are you guys going?

We are planning:

Grand Turk and HMC: Both beach days, lots of R and R which we badly need!

San Juan: We plan on touring the fort, and possibly the Bacardi factory.

St. Thomas: Shopping, Paradise Point for drinks, and Magens Bay.

Hi all,

Make sure any independent tours are fully refundable. While the Atlantic has been very quiet so far this season we are just entering the busiest part. A hurricane could easily turn an eastern sailing into a western itinerary.

Have a great trip. :)

We were on the Liberty in June and we did the Segway tour and it was allot of fun. We have been to San Juan several times and we really were not looking forward to that port. We really enjoyed the Segway tour. We also rented a Cabana in Half Moon Cay. It was worth the money. We were in 9 which is right in front of the restroom and not far from the food. It was secluded though so you might want to go a little closer to the action which would be 5 or 6. We did a snorkeling tour in Grand Turk and it was great. There have been allot of good things on this board about the golf carts too. I think you picked well and I know you will have a good time.

WE LOVE SONNY!!! I have done his tour 3 times now and love it! Even got a copy of the cd he was playing on his bus and played it our wedding. Have a wonderful time!! Make sure to hold on to your belongings - someone always seems to lose a bag - but he always stops the bus so they can run out and get it.

Kathy

Thanks for all you replys!!

I am getting sooo excited now.

We have booked sonny, booked the carts and the segways!! Yay

Just the cabana to book now when we get on the ship.

Anyone have any idea on the best way to do this?? What time to get there?

I'm not sure how much help if any this thread will be but it is recent. It involves the new Pride itinerary from Baltimore which calls on Half Moon Cay. The subject of booking cabanas is discussed and it appears to be a popular item.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1032263

This link is a map of HMC in pdf format. It will give you a nice idea of the lay of the land.

http://www.insightcruises.com/pdf/Half_Moon_Cay.pdf

Archived