Restaurant2 booking problems

P&W

High all Seabourn lovers,

We are new to this forum, however not new to cruising with Seabourn. We have completed 4 cruises now, totalling 60+ days.

Latest Panama Canal cruise on the Legend we had the following problem. The brochures in the cabin show that passengers are suggested to make use of Restaurant2 two- or three times in this case of a 14-days cruise. The only time we would like to go there was when Indian food is served. That particular night we got the message: Sorry sir we are overbooked. We had another chance as we remained on board for the next 14 days. Every evening after dinner we rushed back to our suite to see what the theme for the following day was. One evening it was YES Indian night again. Picked up the telephone and informed the reception that we would like to join. Sorry sir no seats !!

Next day I found out that quite a number of passengers never came to the main restaurant but insisted to dine every night in R2. That night when I insisted to be on the waiting list we had to wait about half an hour before we got the go ahead. We observed that only 26 fellow passengers out of 40 bookings had shown up ! Plenty seats available

I suggest Seabourn should hand out a number of vouchers at the start of each cruise. With a voucher you should than have preference when booking.

Dear Seabourn cruisers have you also experienced this problem and might a ticket system possibly be a solution ?

Best regards and see you onboard the Pride, Dubai to HongKong this fall.

Pieter

Since these theme nights are well planned in advance, I suggest a discussion with the hotel manager about your issues and find out when they are being held. I have had the same problem and also have found that many times there are cancellations and no one lets me know. You might also speak with the Maitre d' of '2' but I think going right to the HM is the best. I am not keen on a voucher system.

Now, if you really love Indian food as I do, special order a luncheon or two or three, inviting some friends if you want. That way you get more options and in my opinion, there is never enough Indian cuisine for me. (Especially if the CDC is Ricky Franco, I hope he is still with Seabourn!)

Usually the schedule for theme nights at Restaurant 2 is printed in the Seabourn Herald on the first night. You can note the nights you want and go to the purser 48 hours in advance. That way you should never have a problem. If it's not printed simply go to the purser and ask for the schedule.

Since these theme nights are well planned in advance, I suggest a discussion with the hotel manager about your issues and find out when they are being held. I have had the same problem and also have found that many times there are cancellations and no one lets me know. You might also speak with the Maitre d' of '2' but I think going right to the HM is the best. I am not keen on a voucher system.

Now, if you really love Indian food as I do, special order a luncheon or two or three, inviting some friends if you want. That way you get more options and in my opinion, there is never enough Indian cuisine for me. (Especially if the CDC is Ricky Franco, I hope he is still with Seabourn!)

Miss Jane..love the flower...jealous! Lola

Ok, another dumb question from me - first time Seabourn-er in 2 weeks! Why would some couples want to eat at Restaurant 2 every night? Is it more casual? Do they offer the same menu as the formal restaurant? What we loved about SeaDream is that some nights you could eat outside under the stars -- is Restaurant 2 more open to the outdoors? Thanks for putting up with all my questions!:confused:

Ok, another dumb question from me - first time Seabourn-er in 2 weeks! Why would some couples want to eat at Restaurant 2 every night? Is it more casual? Do they offer the same menu as the formal restaurant? What we loved about SeaDream is that some nights you could eat outside under the stars -- is Restaurant 2 more open to the outdoors? Thanks for putting up with all my questions!:confused:

The menu is totally different from the formal restaurant.

It is casual or elegant/casual depending on the call for the evening.

The menu is either tastings or a particular theme (eg. Indian or Italian )

As its the Veranda you can eat inside or ouside on the sisters.

And, unlike Seadream, you have the CHOICE of where you eat! We can recall some very breezy and cold evening meals outside on Seadream - this is one of the main reasons we are now Seabournites, as well as a much better choice of wines and spirits.:)

Archived