Transfers from Civitavecchia

travelgrandpa

Have you made your reservation with them? I posted (see 16 lines above) re rome-airport-shuttle.it as well to get someone's opinion about their service. However, so far I had no response. Their prices seem reasonable, but there is just something about prepaying for a service months ahead of time that makes me a little nervous. I would feel more secure if I could here from someone that used rome-airport-shuttle.it and they were pleased with their services.

Have you made your reservation with them? I posted (see 16 lines above) re rome-airport-shuttle.it as well to get someone's opinion about their service. However, so far I had no response. Their prices seem reasonable, but there is just something about prepaying for a service months ahead of time that makes me a little nervous. I would feel more secure if I could here from someone that used rome-airport-shuttle.it and they were pleased with their services.

I have not reserved with them yet but didn't read the part about prepaying. I will check that out and reply. Thank you.

Hi bobbisailsolo,

when making the reservation on their website they are looking for visa (or other) credit card numbers to finalize the reservation. Did you or are you going to supply credit card information?

This is a little cheaper than the prices at Romeshuttlelimousine.com; ($44 vs $57.however, I was unable to see what the fees are if you have more than 2 bags per person. I also cannot figure out how you schedule a pickup time. Are they asking how much time before departure? The range starts at .10.

I have already contacted Rome shuttle because they were highly recommended on the boards.

Do you mean http://www.rome-airport-shuttle.it or http://www.airportshuttle.it? They are 2 different companies.

I do not have experience with rome-airport-shuttle but I definitely do have a very bad experience with airportshuttle.it.

DO NOT USE http://www.airportshuttle.it

I booked airportshuttle.it for 4 of us to go from Civitavecchia to Rome city hotels on August 9th. They promised to be there on time. We waited in the hot sun for over an hour. After calling them a few times, they told us they were picking up another couple at another ship (which we had no idea of) and they were late. When the van finally came, the other couple was livid. They said they had also waited over an hour and it was the shuttle that was late. Then we found out that they were going to the airport, out of our way! On top of all that, the van's air conditioning was broken and the driver left the windows open. It was close to 100 degrees!

Plus they doubled charged. Instead of all of us sharing the cost (pp is less when more people share) they charged each party the full amount. At the rate we were paying, we had expected it to be a private transfer for the 4 in my party.

The fact that they insisted we prepay by credit card should have been a warning. Other companies tell you to pay the driver. Once paid, it was too late to do anything about the problems.

I contacted airportshuttle.it twice by email and they have completely ignored me both times.

Believe me, a few more euros are definitely worth not dealing with this company's terrible customer service.

• 6 months later...
Can you get the cabs you recommend when you get into port or airport?

No, if you want to use a service such as Romecabs, you have to arrange it in advance. We used Romecabs for our transfers and a tour in November/December. They were wonderful.

It was a relief after the exhausting flights to Rome to see our driver holding a sign with our name on it right after we got our baggage.

Archived