Info on Summit?

patterson3

I was considering booking a 7 day cruise on the Solstice (San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten) but found a 7 night cruise on the Summit with a much better itinerary (St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados, Antigua) and was interested in getting opinions from people who have experience with Celebrity...

I have never sailed with Celebrity before and honestly have always found their ships extremely ugly (at least the exterior. The pictures I've seen of the interior seem to be extremely attractive). The Solstice looks absolutely amazing inside and out. But as cool as the Solstice looks, I don't think it offsets the better itinerary, so we're planning on booking the Summit, and I was hoping for suggestions/recommendations or any other info you could provide re: the Summit?....

Hi patterson3 - we have sailed both the Summit and the Solstice. Both very attractive ships. Personally we prefer the Summit and the other "M" Class ships.

I would prefer the Summit itinerary.

Actually, any Celebrity cruise would be a great cruise.

Charlie

I was considering booking a 7 day cruise on the Solstice (San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten) but found a 7 night cruise on the Summit with a much better itinerary (St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Barbados, Antigua) and was interested in getting opinions from people who have experience with Celebrity...

I have never sailed with Celebrity before and honestly have always found their ships extremely ugly (at least the exterior. The pictures I've seen of the interior seem to be extremely attractive). The Solstice looks absolutely amazing inside and out. But as cool as the Solstice looks, I don't think it offsets the better itinerary, so we're planning on booking the Summit, and I was hoping for suggestions/recommendations or any other info you could provide re: the Summit?....

Have you been on any other cruises...which ships? Might help to compare. I agree the second itinerary is more varied and if you haven't been to any of those ports, it's a good variety for things to do.

Always go for the itinerary and of course the better price. Celebrity ships old and new are very refined and their decor carries them thru the years. We were on the Summit in April and she is beautiful. I especially liked the aqua spa cafe and thalassotherapy pool area.

:) Haven't been on the Summit for about 2 years but we had a great time --- food was great, cabin very nice, crew very friendly and helpful and the

Thallossomey Pool is to DIE FOR !!! (Solstice does not have one - Spa

Pool, yes but not the same) --- the air jets are incredible for sore joints !!

We are booked on the Solstice next Jan. and I will miss that pool, for sure.:(:(:(

Archived