Does the Ecstasy use the S&S card or real keys for the cabin doors?

scrapulous

I can't remember where I read it, but I *think* I read that Ecstasy still issues actual keys to enter your cabin and not the S&S card. Is that true?

I got badge holder clips for our S&S cards and I plan to punch a hold in my card so it can be clipped to my clothes. I don't like lanyards around my neck. But there is a snap at the end of the badge clips, which won't fit through a key's holes.

I can't remember where I read it, but I *think* I read that Ecstasy still issues actual keys to enter your cabin and not the S&S card. Is that true?

I got badge holder clips for our S&S cards and I plan to punch a hold in my card so it can be clipped to my clothes. I don't like lanyards around my neck. But there is a snap at the end of the badge clips, which won't fit through a key's holes.

I'm not sure if the Ecstasy uses the S&S card for the door key, but even if not, the key isn't really a key, it's another card.

EVERY ship that we've sailed on has used the Sail & Sign (Carnival) or SeaPass (Royal Caribbean) card as your cabin key.

:cool:Bill

Me too, and Iv been on Ecstasy, so I dont understand where this is coming from. This is twice this has come up today re: Ecstasy. Beats me.

Sailed the Ecstasy last month.... The Sail and Sign also serves as your room key.

The Ecstasy used to issue a separate (big awkward) card for a room key in addition to the S & S, but about March or April of 2008 they changed to the integrated S & S that serves as your key.

I remember those old cards they used to use for doors. What a pain, as they were bigger than the S&S cards. Big hunks of plastic with holes in them that slid down in the top of the latch mechanism. Nothing says old fashioned than those, and I'd be surprised if any of the mainstream lines still used them.

Archived