Blue Lagoon drinks

RocklandMaine

I've just been on Jade for a fortnight and never saw milkshakes as an option anywhere, though I suppose it's possible they were available.

As for the drinks service in the Blue Lagoon, we relied on the ever replenished iced water, but yes we were offered bar drinks. The nature of the food served there means it's not a place where people linger, but I assume that if you had saved a bottle of wine at another restaurant there is no reason why you couldn't have it retrieved. Conversely if you order one you should be able to get it tagged and saved until you next dine.

Hey - thanks for the quick reply - can you use your soda card there also ?

You can use your soda card in the Blue Lagoon....and everywhere on the ship. Note that it is not good at the Great Stirrup Cay bar, even though that is NCL's.

you can order any type of drink but I know the milkshakes are pretty popular.

There were NO milkshakes on the Dawn last week when we went, not the Blue Lagoon, or anywhere else. The bartender at the Java cafe tried to make one with Yogurt for my son but, not exactly what he was looking for.:( This was a disappointment for him, especially since when we were on RCL Explorer two years ago we could get them at Johnny Rockets...

The food at the Blue Lagoon is pub food...wings, chicken fingers, artichoke spinach dip. You pay extra for shrimp (previously frozen) and oysters. Don't get all that excited. Just being honest.

I'm glad you said this. I thought the same thing! I read all the "rave reviews" last year before our cruise on the Jewel and headed off to the Blue Lagoon there, and was disappointed. Now, the food was good ..but I didn't see anything that was so wonderful! Just decent bar food! And yet, until now, I thought I must be a bit crazy! :)

wow I had no idea the milkshakes were a POA exclusive!

James, you've opened up a big can of worms here.

I'm platinum on NCL and have never, ever seen milk shakes on any Blue Lagoon offering. Never sailed on POM either, for that matter.

Not sure I want NCL to add milk shakes to the Blue Lagoon free menu across the board. If they do that they will probably start charging for Blue Lagoon like they do for a few other dinner options on the ships.

On second thought, can you order a milk shake in the main dining rooms and pay extra for it like you pay for alcoholic drinks? Never thought about finding a milk shake anywhere on board a NCL ship.

Dianne

Really? We have them on the Pride Of America so I just assumed the rest of the ships had them considering its the same menu.

They were not available on PoH at any price. My DH's usual vacation/cruise treat is a daily milkshake, and he could not find one onboard in any venue.

beachchick

I'm glad you said this. I thought the same thing! I read all the "rave reviews" last year before our cruise on the Jewel and headed off to the Blue Lagoon there, and was disappointed. Now, the food was good ..but I didn't see anything that was so wonderful! Just decent bar food! And yet, until now, I thought I must be a bit crazy! :)

as a passenger:

IMHO Blue Lagoon, Cadillac is nothing special...if sober ;)

Seriously though if you're with friends and had a few too many to drink at 2 am then those wings are amazing.

as a crew member:

I really don't like it at all. When I was working night shift I had to order from the restaurant and that food gets sooo old sooo fast.

as a crew member:

I really don't like it at all. When I was working night shift I had to order from the restaurant and that food gets sooo old sooo fast.

Exactly what I'm afraid of with the new Dan MDR menus. :eek:

Absolutely! On the Jade there was no shrimp or oyster option either.

That said we did enjoy the food, which is not to say it was a culinary masterpiece. We had it when we were feeling 'in between'. That said it was better than Paniolos on the other side of the atrium balcony (but more or less identical in every other respect so far as decor was concerned). It was $10 option and not wanting to make a fuss none of us mentioned to each other that it was the saltiest, least pleasurable, meal that we had experienced on board.

Additionally isn't a Tapas restaurant supposed, well, to serve tapas? Unless there is some great distinction between UK & US definitions what we found was Burritos etc. We define that as Tex Mex!

When we discussued it the next day we agreed that although we didn't want to make a fuss, $30 is $30. Reception removed the charge without question.

Exactly what I'm afraid of with the new Dan MDR menus. :eek:

I wouldn't worry too much. Blue Lagoon/Cadillac Diner got so old for me because I had to order from the menu everyday for 4 months.

You know how hard it is to not gain 50 lbs when your only dinner options are cheese sticks or potato wedges!!

Archived