Blue Lagoon drinks

RocklandMaine

Okay. Im a vegetarian so Im used to trying to make the best out of the ingredients I see on a menu. And most waiters/cooks are happy to create what I come up with.

Now if you were desperate for a milk shake.....

Couldn't you just get some of that scooped ice cream they have and some toppings (and milk if needed) and nicely ask and or pay a bartender to blend it for you?

Easy as that. :p

Okay. Im a vegetarian so Im used to trying to make the best out of the ingredients I see on a menu. And most waiters/cooks are happy to create what I come up with.

Now if you were desperate for a milk shake.....

Couldn't you just get some of that scooped ice cream they have and some toppings (and milk if needed) and nicely ask and or pay a bartender to blend it for you?

Easy as that. :p

I was gonna mention that....I make my own ice tea and lemonade because their's is awful. There are ways.

I'm surprised milkshakes aren't served in the Blue Lagoon since I've seen the restaurant referred to as a "diner style" restaurant.

Other places where I'd think a milkshake could easily served would be the hard ice cream station in the buffet. They have made to order food there (omlets, for one), so why not had a blender near the ice cream?

Or charge and make milkshakes at the pay specialty coffee bar?

Carnival served Dixie cup sized milkshakes on their chocolate buffet held on the last sea day. That is the only time I've seen milkshakes served on any of my cruises.

Someone mentioned RCCL's Johnny Rockets. I ate at a Johnny Rockets on Saturday...and bought milkshakes for 4 of the people at our table that hadn't ordered one. Ended up with four converts to thinking J.R.'s shakes are the best! :D ;)

I'm surprised milkshakes aren't served in the Blue Lagoon since I've seen the restaurant referred to as a "diner style" restaurant.

Other places where I'd think a milkshake could easily served would be the hard ice cream station in the buffet. They have made to order food there (omlets, for one), so why not had a blender near the ice cream?

Or charge and make milkshakes at the pay specialty coffee bar?

Carnival served Dixie cup sized milkshakes on their chocolate buffet held on the last sea day. That is the only time I've seen milkshakes served on any of my cruises.

Someone mentioned RCCL's Johnny Rockets. I ate at a Johnny Rockets on Saturday...and bought milkshakes for 4 of the people at our table that hadn't ordered one. Ended up with four converts to thinking J.R.'s shakes are the best! :D ;)

We tried to specialty coffee bar, he made my son a chocolate "milkshake" with yogurt:p not really what he was looking for....

As for the hand dipped ice cream, on the Dawn, you could get hard ice cream at Sprinkles which was right behind the pool next to the bar area. We may have been able to get the bartenders to make us something in the blender, if they had a normal flavor! I am not sure how a green tea milkshake would taste! It might taste great, but I am not sure how I would get my 10 yo son to drink it!

The ice cream at Sprinkles on the Dawn was awful! My 12 year old son (who had a drink booklet, not the drink card) did order smoothies at just about all the bars on the ship. He was quite the expert by the end of the week. He also taught our adorable waitress in Salsa how to make a rootbeer float, when she brought him a rootbeer and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

We tried to specialty coffee bar, he made my son a chocolate "milkshake" with yogurt:p not really what he was looking for....

As for the hand dipped ice cream, on the Dawn, you could get hard ice cream at Sprinkles which was right behind the pool next to the bar area. We may have been able to get the bartenders to make us something in the blender, if they had a normal flavor! I am not sure how a green tea milkshake would taste! It might taste great, but I am not sure how I would get my 10 yo son to drink it!

LOL! That would be a challenge! And I could be in total sympathy with your son, not sure this 45 year old would be up to trying a green tea milkshake, either. :D

Archived