Any advice for first time cruisers????

lilybug23

• 2 weeks later...
If you haven't already --I would look into travel insurance. A lot can happen in a year. I use squaremouth. com or insuremytrip .com. I also have a 3+ page tip sheet that I keep for my self and would happliy sent out to you if you give me a email. away too long to post.

Just remember once you cruise youmay never do land vacations again (uless they are crusie tour) LOL

I'm going on my 1st cruise on 11/22/2009 (Pride out of Baltimore). Could I have that tip sheet too? My e-mail address is jmm834@gmail.com

Thank You!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
If you haven't already --I would look into travel insurance. A lot can happen in a year. I use squaremouth. com or insuremytrip .com. I also have a 3+ page tip sheet that I keep for my self and would happliy sent out to you if you give me a email. away too long to post.

Just remember once you cruise youmay never do land vacations again (uless they are crusie tour) LOL

Just reading the boards and came across you advise. Could you email me the tip sheet also. my address is SKeighley@aol.com

Thanks alot. I count of CC for ideas and help

A tip sheet would be great! nsmith at smythsoft dot com if you don't mind...

My husband and I just booked our first cruise. We are leaving from Port Conaveral on the DREAM 7/24/2010! We are taking the Western Carribian. We are going with our friends who have cruised with Carnival twice now. They have had nothing but good memories and good things to say about it. We are very excited and would love to hear any advice or things to watch out for before we go! Thanks in advance for all of your help! :)

Port Canaveral was our first port. Good quiet place to start. Here's my advice:

1. Don't forget that day 1 is your first day of the cruise. Get to the ship early (10:30-1100am) so that you can be amongst the first on to enjoy the food and drinks.

2. Fly in 2 days before if you can. Really enjoy Florida for a day and a half.

3. Not only should you bring any medications but be sure to bring over the counter ones too. Don't do like I did one year. I assumed I could buy muscle relaxants in Miami so didn't bring mine. Wrong. Got up Saturday morning with a bad abck and had to suffer for 3 days.

4. Get to the main dining room each night. Many people skip it but you really shouldn't. Food is good and they treat you like a king/queen for a week.

5. Pack your carry on with enough clothes for 2 or 3 days just in case your luggage goes missing.

6. when you pack your suitcases, mix up the clothes. This is my wife's idea. Don't pack a suitcase with all your stuff and a suitcase with all your husbands stuff. If one of them goes missing, somebody has no clothes. Mix it up and you'll both have clothes.

Check out all the cruising sites you can find. Cruisemates.com, cruisecritic.com ,carnivalconnections.com ,Carnival.com ,

carnival-news.com, portcanaveral.org ,carnivalfuntees.com,cruiseclues.com,

Carry a highlighter to mark what you want to do the next day. Each night they will deliver the cruise paper with what all will be going on the ship the next day.Oh a must like the other poster said is the main dining room. I personally didnt like it for breakfast but preferred the buffet. I love the buffet for breakfast & lunch. But the main dining room at night is not to be missed!!! All the fancy food & the way it is presented like you're a Queen. Oh don't forget you can order more than one of anything on the menu if you like. My friend ordered 3 lobsters & ate them all!! Of course the lobsters were on the same night as the prime rib so.... had both!!Plus theres a show at the end of dinner oh... the conga line!! Get involved with a roll call for your sail date you will meet lots of folks that have cruised before & will give you all the ins & outs.

Archived