New to cruising

auntym

Hi, I have just booked for October 2010 to sail on the Oceana on the caribbean transatlantic 14 day cruise. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if teas or coffees are included with any of the meals , ie breakfast and lunch or if you have to buy these seperately.

Tea and coffee is served during/after all meals in the main restaurant and is available throughout the day in the Plaza self service restaurant and is free of charge.

You only really pay for tea and coffee at the bars/lounges (where speciality teas/coffees are often available).

You will have coffee & tea making facilities in your cabin with biscuits stocks of which will be topped up daily by your cabin steward.

You will find the cost of all drinks very reasonable on P&O ships.

Oceana is an excellent ship, have a great cruise.

We're the same but bit concerned about the dinner suit as its not something we normally have or I've ever worn :) When we booked our cruise the woman there was real helpful told us that you can actually hire them on ship cost about £35 but got back to us a few days later after making enquiry's on our behalf that places like Asda sell them for about the same price around Christmas so be trying them for sure. So sad as it may sound we're already counting the days :) :)

We have just seen online m&s extra dinner suits £49 and Burtons shops sell them for about £100 so not too expensive depending on quality of course. We phoned Burtons at trafford Centre, they will sell or can hire about £60-£80 for fortnight

My husband bought his dinner suit, dress shirt and two bow ties from m&S online for our cruise a couple of weeks ago. The total for everything was about £90 including postage. We were really impressed with the quality and the fit. He was very pleased that he had decided to buy rather than hire as it worked out great value for the four formal nights and he has it for our next cruise- so now we will have to go again! Julia

Exactly, no pint in hiring atall. Another good company is SLATERS MENSWEAR,google for one near you, they have many shops in UK and well worth visiting. They have a mens formal wear section with suits from £49 upto £499, and they do adjustments, leg and arm length, even waistband at a small charge, say 33" from a 32 or 34" waist.

After in most cases the 1st cruise will never be your last!

Archived