Group Rates

FL LuluBelle

I have become the family "travel agent"!! Does anyone know how many people you need to have to get a group rate?

If you are a past guest is the group rate even better? Some family members have cruised Carnival before, some haven't.

Thanks for your answers. LU

I have become the family "travel agent"!! Does anyone know how many people you need to have to get a group rate?

If you are a past guest is the group rate even better? Some family members have cruised Carnival before, some haven't.

Thanks for your answers. LU

As has been stated it is 8 cabins, in addition with each 8 cabins paid in full you recieve one fare free. And as long as you meet the 8 cabin requirement you will recieve a $100.00 per cabin OBC. I'm in the process of our 3rd group cruise and have never had fewer than 15 cabins. Good luck and happy cruising :)

As has been stated it is 8 cabins, in addition with each 8 cabins paid in full you recieve one fare free. And as long as you meet the 8 cabin requirement you will recieve a $100.00 per cabin OBC. I'm in the process of our 3rd group cruise and have never had fewer than 15 cabins. Good luck and happy cruising :)

A group does consist of 8 cabins and a group rate is less than the regular rate, BUT you do not always get onboard credit. It depends on the sailing. We had a group of 12 cabins on the Carnival Freedom in April and received NO onboard credit. The free berth fare was divided up between the 12 cabins to lower the cost a little. Certain sailings receive "points" that can be applied to onboard credit, champagne and other amenities in your cabin.

Hope this helps with your questions and enjoy your cruise!

Carnival told me that a group of 5 would be considered a group and would receive the 100 OBC. If you have 8, then you get the free cruise fare either for you or to split among the cabins. We are up to 12 cabins now and have a mixture of past guests and some who have never cruised. The past guest rate is 10.00 lower than the group rate right now and those that are past guests are receiving that discount even though they are booked with the group. They also told me senior rates and military could be taken by group members as well. Hope that helps!

A group does consist of 8 cabins and a group rate is less than the regular rate, BUT you do not always get onboard credit. It depends on the sailing. We had a group of 12 cabins on the Carnival Freedom in April and received NO onboard credit. The free berth fare was divided up between the 12 cabins to lower the cost a little. Certain sailings receive "points" that can be applied to onboard credit, champagne and other amenities in your cabin.

I have always gotten OBC And one time got a $50.00 per cabin OBC and a group party for our 33 pax.

We are booked as a group rate....(April '10) we have 5 cabins so far and get the 100 OBC.....if we get 8 cabins we will get the 1 person fare free depending on what rooms you book the most of- Inside, OV, Balcony.....

I set it up and if we do get 8 I will just have them split the fare amongst the rooms........(wifey says we should just keep it.....mean very mean!)

At the last minute of setting this up the group planner did try to bail on the 100 OBC and change it to 50 with chocolates and champagne....I said "NO DICE".

We didnt get a break on the rate, we all booked current Fun Saver.....ES is only 50 cheaper at this point.

I didn't include the OBC because you may not qualify for it.

Notice I said "IF" as in you may not get it. I was just saying IF you get OBC it might bring down the bottom line to where its competitive with ES, may not.

Im sure Early Saver rates are hurting the group sales.

I have always gotten OBC And one time got a $50.00 per cabin OBC and a group party for our 33 pax.

Lucky you! On our previous group bookings we always did receive OBC, but this last one our TA said that particular sailing did not have any points so we would be receiving nothing. On our upcoming Liberty cruise we do have OBC. Not sure why it depends on the sailing (or did we get a raw deal last April?)

Guest nhrich

Not all cruises get on-board credit. It depends on the sailing and the number of amenity points available on it. There are also other amenities which may be given.

Just a word of caution about the OBC..... If you only have 5 cabins and for some reason one has to cancel no one will get the OBC. Happened to me on a group last year.

ES is usually cheaper unless the sailing has very high amenity points you can use for OBC.

Popular sailing times will have few or no amenity points.

It takes ALOT of amenity points to get significant OBC on short sailings..... the longer the sailing the fewer amenity points it takes for OBC.

That is true.

There are basically NO amenities given on sailings on the Miracle out of NY (at least during the summer) as well.

I go the cruise fare credit, which I am using for a 2 hour cocktail party with a DJ for everyone.

On our upcoming 5 day group cruise prices were approx fun saver rate but with the added $100 obc it makes it cheaper than the ES rate but with added benefit of it being refundable if someone should happen to cancel. I was also told that we would get group rates for just 5 cabins and still receive OBC, just not the free berth without 8 cabins.

halos - How much credit did it take for the 2hr cocktail party with DJ? I would love to do that for all of us.

Notice I said "IF" as in you may not get it. I was just saying IF you get OBC it might bring down the bottom line to where its competitive with ES, may not.

Im sure Early Saver rates are hurting the group sales.

May not be hurting it too much because of the non refundable deposit?

• 2 weeks later...
Carnival told me that a group of 5 would be considered a group and would receive the 100 OBC. If you have 8, then you get the free cruise fare either for you or to split among the cabins. We are up to 12 cabins now and have a mixture of past guests and some who have never cruised. The past guest rate is 10.00 lower than the group rate right now and those that are past guests are receiving that discount even though they are booked with the group. They also told me senior rates and military could be taken by group members as well. Hope that helps!

I'm trying to find out - has anyone been told that they could combine the group rate with a military rate??

Archived