AOS Questions

We will be sailing AOS in Nov 2009. Will have a Grand suite. This will be only our second cruise. Our first was on Liberty in Nov 2007. Had a Deluxe Balcony room. Probably spoiled ourselves by doing Liberty on our first cruise. Anyway... I was wondering... The beds on Liberty were quite comfy. Can we expect the same bedding on AOS? It seems that AOS is half the size as Liberty. I would guess that since there is half the people it shouldn't seem so small to us. Again, remember, Liberty thus far is our one and only completed cruise. Any things we will miss. I suppose the flat screened TV's were nice on Liberty, but I'm not concerned about not having that on AOS.

Anyone who has done same or similar cruises... any feedback on differences would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Toni

Liberty

Maiden Voyage: June 4, 2006

Passenger Capacity: 3,634 double occupancy

Godmother: Katherine Louise Calder

Gross Tonnage: 160,000

Length: 1,112'

Max Beam: 184'

Draft: 28'

Cruising Speed: 21.6 knots

Aos

Maiden Voyage: November 18, 2001

Passenger Capacity: 3,114

Gross Tonnage: 138,000

Length: 1020'

Max Beam: 157.5'

Draft: 29'

Cruising Speed: 23.7 knots

As you can see the AOS no where half the size but rather close and only about 500 passenger difference

And all the bedding is the same .

I believe RCCL has upgraded the bedding on all ships so your bed on AOS should be the same as on Liberty. Despite the fact that Liberty is so much bigger, you should still feel fine on AOS. It's still a VERY large ship. Although I haven't done Liberty, I did Freedom when it was new and then went back to a Voyager class ship without any issues. As for what you would miss, it would depend on your likes and dislikes. No Flowrider on AOS.

In other words, when they decided to create new ships, which they dubbed "Ultra-Voyager class" ships, they merely stretched them 9%. That's it, in terms of size.

They used the extra length (and that's all it is - length) to add some features, like the flowrider and the H2O zone. Other stuff is just more cabins and a longer Royal Promenade, allowing them to put in more "stores" and "pubs" and "cafés".

The Adventure is really not that much smaller than the Liberty. There is no H2O zone, but still has the Royal Promenade - you may not notice the difference in size that much. (Not like comparing the Liberty to the Majesty!) The AOS is an amazing ship. We had our first GS on the AOS and loved it. We found the bedding and the bed good.

But I will be honest with you, once you have the GS, it will be harder to go back to a lower category after your cruise!!!!!

• 1 month later...

We were in a Grand Suite a month ago, the bedding is the same as the Liberty.

Old tube TV. Bathroom in GS is not a nice as Liberty GS but an improvement from a balcony on Liberty.

Suite Perks were nice, many towels, robes, slippers, access to the CL. Good seats at the shows.

The differences I noticed, no Sorrento's Pizza and no flow rider otherwise pretty much the same. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived