What is your favorite mass market cruise line

Bridge Maven

What is your favorite mass market cruise line?  

474 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mass market cruise line?

• Norwegian
    • Carnival
    • Costa
    • Princess
    • Holland America
    • Celebrity
    • Royal Caribbean
    • MSC
    • Other

We have only sailed Carnival and are afraid to try something new.
Reasons:
1. Upgraded deluxe bedding and large cabins
2. Nightlife, have read too many negatives about not enough to do for adults only on other lines....am I incorrect?
3. The food has always been absolutely wonderful
4. The service, from dining staff, cabin steward, and drink staff, they always refer to me by my name....not a folio number
5. We never notice the children on board, they must keep them so busy they are out of sight. We are middle aged and dont want to be stepping on the children
6. We're so afraid of being disappointed on another cruise line and that we will feel like we wasted our money

I would love to hear any feedback though on why my fears are unjustified. I would love to talk my husband into something new.:)

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]We have sailed Disney, Holland America, and Royal Caribeean, and rate them exactly in that order.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]We are interested in trying Princess and Celebrity some day.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Bridge Maven']What is your favorite mass market cruise line?[/quote]
here is a question we all love to answer and for my family we go Princess
the reason being they have a variety of friendly activities the food is generally in the very good category and the passengers are also of an appealing and social nature.

The company does not over promote itself and I am feeling that they have a rather high repeat client ratio.

• 2 weeks later...
We have sailed on Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Holland America, Carnival, and the defunct Italian Line.

Since our Italian Line cruise was 35 years ago, I won't compare it to the others because it was a different era of cruising.

In my opinion, the other cruise lines we have sailed are more alike than they are different, but each one does something a little better than its competition.

Celebrity has a very favorable passenger to space ratio so their ships never feel crowded. It also has very good specialty restaurants.

Holland America has the best cabins and the finishes on its ships are nicer than most.

Norwegian has the best entertainment, and its French specialty restaurant is on par with an upscale land based restaurant. Our dinner at that restaurant was our best dining experience at sea, with the exception of the defunct Italian Line.

Carnival has very good food in its main dining room and more activities during the day than other cruise lines.

Royal Caribbean has the prettiest and most innovative ships.

Having a nice spacious cabin with a usable balcony on a ship that is in good condition is very important to me, so there are some ships I will not sail on even though I may like other ships in that cruise line's fleet.

Archived