Athens Tour Using Credit Cards

yellowrosetx

Hi -

I am booking taxi tours for a few of the ports we are stopping at this fall. I've already booked for Rhodes and Alexandria.

Currently, I am working on Athens. One of the people I have contacted, which others have recommended on CC, has asked for my credit card info in order to hold the taxi tour. I am expected to pay at the end of the tour, in cash with Euros. I want to know if this has been the common experience of others? The other two taxi tours I have booked have not asked for the credit card info. I am a little nervous to give it out.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Hi -

I am booking taxi tours for a few of the ports we are stopping at this fall. I've already booked for Rhodes and Alexandria.

Currently, I am working on Athens. One of the people I have contacted, which others have recommended on CC, has asked for my credit card info in order to hold the taxi tour. I am expected to pay at the end of the tour, in cash with Euros. I want to know if this has been the common experience of others? The other two taxi tours I have booked have not asked for the credit card info. I am a little nervous to give it out.

Hello,

I have given out my credit card information to a highly recommended taxi driver. I am also expected to pay cash on the date of my tour. It was explained to me that they have had a large # of no shows and this gives them some insurance. I am using a vehicle for 6 passengers for 3 days, so it would be a big loss to the driver and guide if I were not to show up. I can't really blame them. I have booked some of my tours with tour companies that are asking for a deposit 30 days prior to touring. It depends on how highly recommended they are, if they're in demand and have 5 requests for the same date they're entitled to some sort of guarantee.

Hi -

I had no problems giving my CC# to business recommended here for Greece, Italy, and Turkey. Also booked transportation on expedia and hotels directly with CC without problem. I used capital one, specifically for travel so never a chance of funny stuff getting hidden.

I've always had good luck with all my cards when ever I found fraud; Discover, AMEX, and Visa/MC. Yes I've experienced it on all my cards but never a problem getting it removed. Your liability is limited and unless you are a piss poor customer I can't image the card company not removing un-authorized charges. Worst thing is they drop you which isn't much of a threat for me. Let the horror stories of poor customers service and rampat un-authorized charging start :D

Archived