Marriage Vow Renewal

hardel

HELP! We are celebrating our 50th Anniversary in Jan on the Splendor. Thinking of doing the Deluxe Vow Renewal Ceremony with the one hour Open Bar. Will probably have about 35 friends and family with us. Has anyone done this? Please let me know your experience. Or we were thinking of hosting a one hour cocktail party.

Were you able to pick the day and time you wanted the ceremony? Thanks.

We renewed our vows on the Freedom last year, it was our 40th and we had family with us.

We just did the regular renewal and had a party at dinner that night.

The Carnival staff was great to every detail from the flowers to the cake, photos and champagne.

Pictures are below Freedom with the kids

Papanh

The wife and I are going out on our own cruise, no kids or friends. (We took them in June). I was thinking about the renewal thing. Darn near 400 bucks. And, they said they wouldn't be able to guarantee a time or day.

The wife and I are going out on our own cruise, no kids or friends. (We took them in June). I was thinking about the renewal thing. Darn near 400 bucks. And, they said they wouldn't be able to guarantee a time or day.

Dude, you know she's worth it.

Congrats on 50 years! That is rare these days. My folks will celebrate 50th in 3 years. I hope to do something nice for them like that. My 20th will be next summer and I would love to do the vow renewal for that! Any guy that is thinking of this..........DO IT! Take it from a girl, she will love that you love her enough to think of it!

Congrats on 50 years! That is rare these days. My folks will celebrate 50th in 3 years. I hope to do something nice for them like that. My 20th will be next summer and I would love to do the vow renewal for that! Any guy that is thinking of this..........DO IT! Take it from a girl, she will love that you love her enough to think of it!

As much as I think she'd love it, I know she'd rather have 400 extra bones for the craps table! :) I think I will at least ask her. But, we squeezed this extra cruise in this summer (having already taken family in June) based on "going cheap". Inside cabin, minimal formal excursions. just going to be alone for a week.

Congrats to the original poster on 50 years. My hats off to you both for putting up with each other that long! ;) If I get to 30 years without her killing me, I'll count it a success. :)

As much as I think she'd love it, I know she'd rather have 400 extra bones for the craps table! :) I think I will at least ask her. But, we squeezed this extra cruise in this summer (having already taken family in June) based on "going cheap". Inside cabin, minimal formal excursions. just going to be alone for a week.

Congrats to the original poster on 50 years. My hats off to you both for putting up with each other that long! ;) If I get to 30 years without her killing me, I'll count it a success. :)

That's a hard one. I always thought I might like to do a renewal, DH isn't interested. We celebrate our 35th on this cruise. I think I'd rather have the $$$ for drinks and excursions. :)

Well, I'm still undecided. With the amount of people we have going with us, the Renewal with cocktail party will cost over $1,000. That's okay, (it is 50 years!) I just want to make sure it's worth it. So hopefully I'll get a reply from someone who has done the Deluxe Package.

Well, I'm still undecided. With the amount of people we have going with us, the Renewal with cocktail party will cost over $1,000. That's okay, (it is 50 years!) I just want to make sure it's worth it. So hopefully I'll get a reply from someone who has done the Deluxe Package.

We did a very small package and it was wonderful. You cannot pick your day or time. The staff was exceptional with the planning. To put the price in perspective - how much would you spend on an anniversary party on land including drinks? A 50th, in my opinion would be worth the price. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Congrats on 50 years. My parents had their 50th a few years back. I hosted a party for them and asked my mom if she wanted to renew her vows. She said she learned a lot over the last 50 years and there was no way she would say "I do" a second time. HA! I actually found every living member of their wedding party and had them all come into town as a surprise - a few they hadn't seen in over 45 years. What islands are you going to? You might want to look into doing a renewal on one of the beaches. I would check the wedding boards - they should be able to give you a lot of info.

To Scott_F - i too would rather the cash....

Kathy

My husband surprised me with a renewal of vows back in November on the Freedom. Maybe our situation was different because we brought our minister with us- he's a friend- so he just had everyone meet on the back deck as we were leaving port and we renewed our vows. Afterwards he had arranged dinner at the supper club- guess there were about 25 ppl total.

So, you may be able to have the vow renewal and then do something outside of the package that Carnival offers.

Congrats on 50 years!

• 3 weeks later...

To anyone who has done the $400 option. How do they work with you on the date and time? I was hoping to be able to go the supper club that night. Oh, that's another thing - is it safe to assume they set the times for at night?

Kevin from Mpls.

PS. Any additional info on what they do (as far as communication, etc) ahead of time, then how the event really goes would be appreciated.

Archived