Soda's in carry on...

Disfan5

We have also always carried on our own soda/water. We paid the taxi a few extra dollars to stop. We checked one and carried the other one. Our steward kept our ice bucket full of ice for our champagne. We left the extra sodas and bottle of champagne for our steward when we left because we were flying and had no use for it. Not sure if he did either?!?!

In fact, our room steward helped us empty the mini-bar so we could load our own drinks in it.

Has anyone else done this...? I'd love to have them empty the mini-bar so I could use the fridge...and by "empty" I mean remove the items and NOT be charged for them.

I only packed about 4 bottles of water when we cruised on the Glory last November....BIG mistake....should have taken a case. The water was terrible. I was buying water at every port. When we went on DCL in March, I packed a case of water in a rolling suitcase, put a luggage tag on it and had it sent to my room. I will be doing that when we cruise on the Legend in November!!

I hear people say don't pack it in your luggage. The luggage gets thrown around so much it might break open. Luckily mine is just water and won't ruin anything.

We had a terrible experience checking soda. We put it in a duffle bag with a luggage tag. Four of the cans exploded; it was everywhere. All of my shoes were also in the bag. I'm sure the luggage handlers were cursing us, and if anyone had sticky luggage on the Fantasty (8/8) because of it, I'm sorry. :(:o

If I did it again, I would still check it, but I would double wrap it in plastic garage bags.

We usually put pop/water in the checked bags so we don't have to carry the weight around til we get in the room. ALWAYS put cans/bottles in a huge ziplock bag, then in another ziplock. Never had anything leak. Also pack in the middle of the clothes for cushion.

Only time we have had drinks taken from our carry-on was 2 bottles of pop that we were drinking out of as we were going thru the line. X-ray said to trash or stand off to the side and finish it. We took it out of the bag and tossed. There were other ones in the bag unopeaned and it was fine. Don't get it, but.......play the game and go on!

Whatever happens go and have FUN!!

Kat

Archived