Baltic cruise/weather/heavy sweaters?

We were there in Aug last year. In Copenhagen, Visby, and Stockholm, it was warm and sunny. I wore summer clothes.

In Tallin, it was cooler, cloudy and drizzling rain. I wore jeans, a long sleeved shirt and a light jacket that is also a rain jacket.

In St Petersburg, weather was all over the place. One day was cold because it was really windy. One day was warm. The third was cool--wore a leather jacket.

Helsinki was cool and pouring rain.

I took the rain jacket, a leather jacket, and a light fleece jacket--used all of the them, but I didn't take or need any heavy sweater.

We were there in Aug last year. In Copenhagen, Visby, and Stockholm, it was warm and sunny. I wore summer clothes.

In Tallin, it was cooler, cloudy and drizzling rain. I wore jeans, a long sleeved shirt and a light jacket that is also a rain jacket.

In St Petersburg, weather was all over the place. One day was cold because it was really windy. One day was warm. The third was cool--wore a leather jacket.

Helsinki was cool and pouring rain.

I took the rain jacket, a leather jacket, and a light fleece jacket--used all of the them, but I didn't take or need any heavy sweater.

RachelG!!! it almost sounds like we did the same Baltic Cruise.....Voyager out of Stockholm. Weather was wonderful as you said Visby, Stockholm and Copenhagen....other wise it rained, drizzled or was somewhere near icky...but the cruise was wonderful and weather did not interfere was tours or our good times...

We wore blue jeans and light weight jackets, Regent provided golf size umbrellas....due to the rain we did not spend much time on the balcony. But leaving Stockholm the weather was glorious and the cruise out of port and thru the Arcapelago (spelling) was not to be missed up on deck....glorious weather, wonderful views!

Enjoy this trip....

We were also on that cruise last August from Stockholm and then continuing onto the British Isles. Indeed it rained a lot but many days were sunny and warm.

Like Rachel, I brought a variety of jackets so the layering solution worked well for me.

Next year we are going on the Norway cruise, again as Rachel did this year, so I am also keeping my ears open for weather tips!

Basedow

Archived